Comedy can be little dangerous: Saif Ali Khan
Mumbai: Actor Saif Ali Khan, awaiting the release of entertainer ‘Humshakals’, says comedy can be "little dangerous" if not done well.
Bollywood has been high on sex comedies off late, but when asked if Saif would be game for it, he said: "It will be nice if it`s funny. Comedy is a very liberating thing. Anything can be funny and I feel comedy is a little dangerous because at times there can be no respect or dignity if it`s not shot well."
"It should not be dirty. There is nothing wrong with a sex comedy because it is something people are nervous to talk about...people should talk about it," he added.
Meanwhile, the actor is busy promoting ‘Humshakals’, which features a slew of actors including Riteish Deshmukh, Ram Kapoor and Bipasha Basu. Saif says the Sajid Khan-directorial is for the wider audience.
"I wanted to work with Sajid and we (actors) should all come out of our comfort zone...Sajid works hard to entertain people. `Humshakals` is his kind of comedy and that`s the idea - you have to make a film which is wider and Sajid is one of the top names in the film industry," Saif said.
The film is slated to release Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Juhi Chawla slams item numbers for commercialisation of women
- 'Pink' Box Office collections: Amitabh Bachchan, Taapsee Pannu starrer mints Rs 53.10 cr!
- Victoria Leeds is NOT Alex Parrish, reveals Priyanka Chopra on her 'Baywatch' character—Full story inside
- '31st October' already a landmark for me: Soha Ali Khan
- Varun Dhawan working with Amitabh Bachchan? Nah, it's a rumour!