Comparisons are inevitable: Shraddha Kapoor
New Delhi: After the success of her movie `Aashiqui 2`, actress Shraddha Kapoor seems charged to secure a position in Bollywood. She is well aware that comparisons with her contemporaries are bound to happen and is up for it.
The 24-year-old wants to focus on her work and improve herself rather than focusing on the rat race in the film industry.
"Comparisons are inevitable whether I like it or not. I think the best way to go about it is to concentrate on what I do and not shift my focus. I only want to better myself as an actor because I am here living out my childhood dream. I want to look back and say that yes I made it happen my way," Shraddha said.
The actress made way into everyone`s heart by playing the role of a humble singer Arohi. But now wants to explore because she believes in moulding herself into any character.
"I would like to do any kind of role. I would like to believe that I can be moulded into any kind of role. There is nothing in particular that I want to do," said Shraddha.
The actress idolises Sridevi and her work, but does not wish to ape anyone in her career.
"I like to dabble in something that fits naturally with me and not emulate anybody else. I feel like I can make a place of my own just the way actresses today have been doing," she said.
Daughter of actor Shakti Kapoor and Shivangi Kolhapure, Shraddha is glad about her upbringing as her father and mother have been very supportive of her decisions.
"My entire family is extremely supportive of what I decide to do. I wanted to drop out of college so they supported me in that. My mom is my best friend, so I can talk about anything to her," she said.
Asked where she sees herself five years from now, Shraddha said: "I am taking each day as it comes and I am enjoying it that way. It`s wonderful that way. That is exactly how I enjoyed `Aashiqui 2` as well. Five years down the line, I would want to look back and say, `Hey I was part of some good films`."
She will be part of a song in `Ungli` directed by Rensil D`Silva. She has also signed a new project, but refuses to reveal about it right now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hiding true colours makes you feel immoral
- Sharon Osbourne taking month long break form 'The Talk'
- Model Nicole Trunfio poses breastfeeding son in Elle cover
- 'Dil Dhadakne Do' team to promote film at IPL final
- Pamela Anderson ready to date lots of guys
- Did Vanessa Hudgens help BFF Selena to avoid her ex Justin Bieber?
- Thin models may put off more women than they inspire
- Amanda Seyfried finds Charlize Theron trustworthy
- Robert De Niro's blunt commencement speech at NYU
- Sunny Leone rubbishes being ousted from Celina's flat
- Jason Derulo 'tired of playing nice'
- Sunny Leone rubbishes being ousted from Celina's flat
- Kailash Kher unwell, hospitalised
- I'm very conscious about my odour: Irrfan Khan
- Not easy to make smaller films after working with stars: Venkat Prabhu
- Arijit Singh to sing for 'Guddu Rangeela'
- Suriya's friendly gesture for actor Rahman
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Paul McCartney buys $15.5 million penthouse
- Dyeing hair helped Eva Green
- Michael Caine 'never tempted to stray' from wife
- I don't jump out of a trunk naked in 'The Duff': Ken Jeong
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- British tourist masturbated at in Mumbai; Indian men apologise
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM