Comparisons are inevitable: Shraddha Kapoor
New Delhi: After the success of her movie `Aashiqui 2`, actress Shraddha Kapoor seems charged to secure a position in Bollywood. She is well aware that comparisons with her contemporaries are bound to happen and is up for it.
The 24-year-old wants to focus on her work and improve herself rather than focusing on the rat race in the film industry.
"Comparisons are inevitable whether I like it or not. I think the best way to go about it is to concentrate on what I do and not shift my focus. I only want to better myself as an actor because I am here living out my childhood dream. I want to look back and say that yes I made it happen my way," Shraddha said.
The actress made way into everyone`s heart by playing the role of a humble singer Arohi. But now wants to explore because she believes in moulding herself into any character.
"I would like to do any kind of role. I would like to believe that I can be moulded into any kind of role. There is nothing in particular that I want to do," said Shraddha.
The actress idolises Sridevi and her work, but does not wish to ape anyone in her career.
"I like to dabble in something that fits naturally with me and not emulate anybody else. I feel like I can make a place of my own just the way actresses today have been doing," she said.
Daughter of actor Shakti Kapoor and Shivangi Kolhapure, Shraddha is glad about her upbringing as her father and mother have been very supportive of her decisions.
"My entire family is extremely supportive of what I decide to do. I wanted to drop out of college so they supported me in that. My mom is my best friend, so I can talk about anything to her," she said.
Asked where she sees herself five years from now, Shraddha said: "I am taking each day as it comes and I am enjoying it that way. It`s wonderful that way. That is exactly how I enjoyed `Aashiqui 2` as well. Five years down the line, I would want to look back and say, `Hey I was part of some good films`."
She will be part of a song in `Ungli` directed by Rensil D`Silva. She has also signed a new project, but refuses to reveal about it right now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anonymity on Twitter giving people power to misbehave: Swara Bhaskar
- Naam Shabana: Akshay Kumar enjoys special screening with female police officers
- People find it difficult to accept TV stars in bold roles: Nia Sharma
- Non-bailable warrant issued against Mamta Kulkarni, Vicky Goswami
- Parineeti Chopra makes spectacular singing debut with 'Maana Ke Hum Yaar Nahin' from 'Meri Pyaari Bindu'! - Watch
- Phillauri box office collections: Anushka Sharma-Diljit Dosanjh's 'spirited' saga has minted this much so far!
- Ranbir Kapoor as a boy scout in 'Jagga Jasoos' latest PIC! Can you spot him?
- Shah Rukh Khan to clash with Akshay Kumar at the Box Office!
- Shraddha Kapoor – Arjun Kapoor sizzle as a couple in ‘Half Girlfriend’ First Look
- 'Devdas', 'Veer-Zaara' to be screened at theatres in the US