Complaint against Ajay Devgn for defaming Sikhs in `Son of Sardaar`
New Delhi: A complaint has been filed in a court here against Bollywood actor-producer Ajay Devgn for allegedly maligning and defaming Sikhs in his upcoming film "Son of Sardaar".
The complaint, filed by one Ravinder Singh who claims to be a member of a Sikh organisation Sikhi Sidak, seeks action against Devgn and the film`s director Ashwini Dhir for hurting religious sentiments of the Sikh community and defaming it.
Singh told the court that the trailers of the movie, which is scheduled for release on November 13, show the main character of a turbaned Sikh, played by Devgn, to be having a tattoo of Lord Shiva on his chest.
"Since Sikhs are forbidden by their gurus from worshipping idols and deities, the projection of a Sikh being worshipper of Lord Shiva has deeply hurt the religious feelings of the complainant and the Sikh community," his counsel argued.
The complainant also said: "in the official trailer of the film, Sikhs have been maligned and defamed by the dialogues spoken by Ajay Devgn.
"These dialogues have lowered the image of Sikhs in the mind of general public and have made them a laughing stock for people and has presented Sikh community in bad taste and the trailers of the film have been released only to defame the community."
Singh requested that Devgn and Dhir be summoned and tried for offences of "outraging the religious sentiments of Sikh community and defaming it".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sidharth Malhotra felt wonderful doing the US tour! READ
- I still feel I have a lot more to do and achieve says, Jacqueline Fernandez
- Expectations soaring high! Beyonce gearing up to perform at 2016 MTV Video Music Awards?
- Salman Khan's 'Being SalMan: The Official Game' is out for you to 'Khelo'
- Arbaaz Khan feels he is more suited for second lead!
- Kangana Ranaut flies to US to prepare for role in 'Simran'
- Would love to direct Ajay Devgn, Kajol in a family drama: Rohit Shetty
- MASSIVE! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' celebrates 50 days in theatres – Details inside
- 'Lion' trailer: Dev Patel once again proves his acting brilliance – Watch
- Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' vs Hrithik Roshan's 'Mohenjo Daro': Week two BO collections are out!