Courage to be clutter-breaker comes from audience: John Abraham
Mumbai: John Abraham, whose latest production ‘Madras Café’ was under attack from Tamil activists for allegedly showcasing LTTE cadres as terrorists, says he always wanted to break clutter with his films. And the courage to do so comes from his audience.
His debut production ‘Vicky Donor’ dealt with the sensitive subject of sperm donation in a lighter vein, and ‘Madras Café’ is based on the Sri Lankan civil war. While one entertained, the latter is aimed at engaging.
"Very frankly, the courage to be a clutter-breaker comes from the audience. `Vicky Donor` was widely accepted. It really doesn`t matter if some political organisations object to my (new) film. It`s up to the audience to accept or reject the film," John said.
‘Madras Café’, which features John as a RAW agent and Nargis Fakhri as a war correspondent, released Friday. Theatre owners in Tamil Nadu refrained from releasing either the Hindi or the Tamil version fearing protests from Tamil activists.
Isn`t it a tough situation for a new producer like you?
"I am new to the business. But if I`ve to be a clutter-breaker, I may have to make political statements. As a filmmaker, I must be allowed to have my say in a democratic nation," he said.
Subhash K. Jha/IANS
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi to make a comeback on Salman Khan's show?
- Relationships, friendships and more: Karan Johar reveals the truth about actors
- Ranveer Singh prefers to protect his personal life!
- Seven times Karisma Kapoor gave us serious fashion goals
- Are stubborn acne marks troubling you? Check out these home remedies
- Box Office report: Here's how much 'Dear Zindagi', 'Kahaani 2' collected on Saturday!
- Rana Daggubati, Taapsee Pannu's 'The Ghazi Attack' to strike patriotic chord
- What made Sanjay Leela Bhansali believe that Deepika Padukone's 'Padmavati' has kick started!
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2' new teaser trailer takes excitement up a notch
- Is THIS the reason why Farhan Akhtar refused to act in Akshay Kumar's 'Gold'?