Court to pronounce decision on ‘Mangal Pandey’ on Oct 25
Ballia: A local court here has fixed October 25 to pronounce its decision on a petition alleging wrong portrayal of legendary patriot Mangal Pandey in Aamir Khan`s starrer ‘Mangal Pandey-The Rising`.
"After hearing both the parties, civil judge (junior division) Azad Singh has fixed October 25 on which he will pronounce the judgement," Aamir Khan`s counsel Devendra Nath Dubey said.
The petition was filed by Santosh Pandey, who hails from Mangal Pandey`s native village Nagwa and claims himself to be the patriot`s great grandson. He alleged that the character of Mangal Pandey was wrongly portrayed in the movie and was in a bad taste.
The defence counsel, however, rejected Pandey`s claims that he was Mangal Pandey`s great grandson and the patriot hailed from Ballia district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Rustom' trailer out: Bollywood in awe of Akshay Kumar!
- Kriti Sanon has mastered the 'lower-back' workout – This video is a proof!
- Saiyami Kher is fresh as a dewdrop: Shabana Azmi
- Salman Khan 'raped woman' remark: Varun Dhawan's reaction is the most quintessential one!
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show': Sufi musicians Wadali Brothers to grace the show