Dash of sci-fi, horror at Japanese film fest in Kolkata
Kolkata: Take a cinematic trip through Japan next month! A bouquet of six films from the island nation will be shown in the eastern metropolis at a film festival starting Aug 1, a statement said Thursday.
Organised by the consulate-general of Japan in Kolkata in collaboration with Nihongo Kaiwa Kyookai Society, the 25th Cinema Nippon will screen films spanning 1985 to 2003 at the Nandan theatre here.
Diverse themes centred on the dreams of an aspiring novelist in "And Then", an injured boxer facing career hurdles in "Knockout", ghosts who haunt a school building in "Haunted Building" and science fiction and robotics based movie "Robocon" will be a treat for fans of world cinema.
The screenings will go on till Aug 3. The films will have English subtitles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawazuddin to star in Sohail Khan's next
- Emraan Hashmi in and as 'Azhar' releases terrific first look on Azharuddin's birthday—See pic!
- Nicolas Cage to star in 'Vengeance: A Love Story'
- Vidya Balan to play 'Begum Jaan' in Mahesh Bhatt's next!
- It's awesome! 'The Jungle Book' trailer will sweep fans off their feet-- Watch