David Dhawan to direct son Varun in `Kandireega` remake
New Delhi: Ekta Kapoor is bringing father-son duo David Dhawan and Varun together for a new project - the Hindi remake of Telugu hit ‘Kandireega’.
"I am doing a film with Balaji Motion Pictures, for which work has already begun," Varun told reporters, without revealing any more about the project.
A teaser of the new movie was floated online Monday. It featured an actor with back to the camera, and holding a poster reading: "Mafia Don Kidnaps Girl!".
"The film is a remake of Telugu film `Kandireega`," Girish Johar, head of acquisition and distribution, Balaji Motion Pictures, told reporters.
"We are remaking it with Varun under his father`s shadow," added Johar.
Varun made his Bollywood debut in Karan Johar`s "Student Of The Year", released in 2012. He earned rave reviews for his fluid expressions and flexible dancing ability.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Konkona Sen Sharma wins top honour at Mumbai Film Fest
- 'Mango Dreams' a film about India-Pakistan partition survivor received positively at Jio MAMI Mumbai Film Festival
- Shah Rukh Khan teaches Alia Bhatt how to live 'Dear Zindagi' on Facebook live chat!
- 'Daughters of Mother India' wins big at the CAM International Film Festival
- Shah Rukh Khan's 'Don 3' in the making?