Debutant Malayalam film Director criticise Regional Jury
Kozhikode: Debutant Malayalam film director Siddique Chennamangalur today voiced doubts over the `mystery` behind exclusion of his film `Oomakkul Padumbol` for the national awards and alleged that the regional jury had not selected it for the competition.
Speaking to reporters here, Siddique alleged that the regional jury, who select films for competing for the national award, had excluded his film.
"What was the yardstick adopted by the regional jury for ignoring my film?" he asked and demanded that they clarify it. The film is even now running successfully for the fourth week at seven centres in North Malabar, he said, adding he would submit complaints to the National jury and State cultural department for not considering the film for competition.
"I did not make this film with the aim of an award," he said.
Siddique also demanded the jury to clarify on the number of people in the regional jury`s panel, number of film entries and number of films that were excluded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I'm looking at 'Ittefaq' as new film: Sonakshi Sinha
- Phillauri box office collections: Anushka Sharma-Diljit Dosanjh's 'spirited' saga has minted this much so far!
- Ranbir Kapoor as a boy scout in 'Jagga Jasoos' latest PIC! Can you spot him?
- Shah Rukh Khan to clash with Akshay Kumar at the Box Office!
- Shraddha Kapoor – Arjun Kapoor sizzle as a couple in ‘Half Girlfriend’ First Look