Deepika Padukone approached to star opposite Salman Khan
Mumbai: Actress Deepika Padukone has been approached for a Sooraj Barjatya film starring Salman Khan.
The superstar will be teaming up with Barjatya for a film after 14 years. Their last outing together was `Hum Saath Saath Hain`.
"Sooraj ji met her (Deepika) at her birthday party. Talks are on with her but nothing is finalized yet. Lot of actresses have interest in this film and he is meeting other actresses as well," sources close to the development told reporters.
"We have not finalised anyone yet. Lot of speculation is happening over the heroine of the film. Things will be finalised in 15 days or so," the source said.
Several names have come up for the leading lady like Kareena Kapoor Khan, Katrina Kaif, Ilena D`Cruz, Anushka Sharma, Parineeti Chopra, Nargis Fakhri and others.
The yet to be titled film is likely to go on floors in June next year. The shooting might take place in Mumbai, Gujarat and Rajasthan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Film with Shah Rukh Khan at very premature stage: Kangana Ranaut
- Get ready to watch Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh in 'Padmavati'! Deets inside
- Stan Lee supports Zendaya's casting in Spider-Man: Homecoming
- Biopic on Kishore Kumar, RD Burman shouldn't be made: Naseeruddin Shah
- 'Befikre' Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor's latest STILL will make you standstill!