Deepika Padukone shoots Rajinikanth’s `Kochadaiiyaan` for two days only!
Zee Media Bureau
Forthcoming Indian blockbuster and answer to Hollywood’s Avatar `Kochadaiiyaan – The Legend`, will see superstars Rajinikanth and Deepika Padukone star alongside each other in this magnum opus feature film.
With a filming schedule and process like no other Indian film to date, owing to the extensive use of Motion Captured Photorealistic Technology, director Soundarya Rajnikanth Ashwin shot `Kochadaiiyaan` with Deepika in a record two days since each expression and motion were recreated on screen after capturing every gesture permutation by the talent. This would later be manipulated to create the desired action on screen for each star, who would be photorealistic.
Sporting a specially designed body suit with track points on the joints of the body which infrared light picked up and transferred onto screens, ready to be animated, Deepika, sans makeup, shot for the film and two entire songs in 48 hours. Once Deepika’s physical appearance and structure was projected onto screen, makeup was applied along with other details.
Insiders have said that since the film is set in a mythological era, Deepika’s look was in-keeping with that period. Her look, style and personality had to be sketched on paper first and then created on screen via expert technicians through the motion capture technology.
Speaking about Deepika’s filming, Soundarya said: “When I first approached Deepika with `Kochadaiiyaan`, she was a little apprehensive and had several questions pertaining to the filming process, how the technology would work, and most importantly, how she would look! Once those questions were cleared she was fully committed to the project. She’s a thorough professional and she worked with us to ensure we complete her filming portions in 48 hours.She gave flawless takes and had all of us impressed with her enthusiasm and drive. She was quite relieved to not be wearing make-up for a film for the first time in her career.”
`Kochadaiiyaan` is set to blaze a trail globally in cutting-edge Motion Capturing with Photorealistic Technology, as it rivals and transcends the technological capabilities of Hollywood masterpieces `Avatar`, `Tin Tin` and `Beowulf`. South Indian megastar Rajinikant is cast as the archetypal superhero in the epic dramatisation of good versus evil. He performs a dual role with the reigning Queen of Indian Cinema Deepika being paired opposite the younger character. They are joined by current and veteran stars of North and South Indian Cinema such as Jackie Shroff and R. Sarathkumar for a global, Pan-Indian cinematic treat.
Mediaone Global Entertainment Limited & Eros International `s `Kochadaiiyaan – The Legend` is set to transcend boundaries and break records, creating a market first in world cinema and cementing Indian Cinema’s place forever within the global film fraternity. `Kochadaiiyaan – The Legend` will release worldwide this December 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out: Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' teaser to release tonight!
- Watch: Ranveer, Anushka's love story in new 'Dil Dhadakne Do' dialogue promo
- 'Baaghi': Tiger Shroff, Shraddha Kapoor turn rebels in love!
- 'Twin Peaks' to get 18 new episodes
- First trailer of 'Point Break' remake released
- 'Lay Me Down' changed my life: Sam Smith
- Taylor Swift goes on dinner date with Calvin Harris
- I have a coolest relationship with God: Justin Bieber
- Rihanna posts daring gun-toting photo on Instagram
- Robert Rodriguez to helm Jonny Quest film
- Robert Rodriguez to helm Jonny Quest film
- Lindsay Lohan avoids jail with 125 hours of community service
- Remo D’Souza is now on Twitter!
- Salman Khan to tweet in Hindi, Urdu
- Check out: Shah Rukh Khan, AbRam’s selfie
- Jackie Chan opens acting school in China
- I’ve fallen in love with acting, says Lauren Gottlieb
- Playing Kashibai emotionally draining for Priyanka Chopra
- Shraddha Kapoor visits 'Baaghi' set ahead of shoot
- Salman Khan thanks Aamir, Shah Rukh for 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' poster release
- 'Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya blaze'
- I don't consider myself a star: Priyanka Chopra
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`