Deepika-Ranveer in Bhansali`s `Bajirao Mastani`
Mumbai: The `Ram-Leela` couple is back! Actress Deepika Padukone will play historical character Mastani with Ranveer Singh playing Bajirao Peshwa in Sanjay Leela Bhansali`s `Bajirao Mastani`.
The casting of Ranveer and Deepika puts an end to months of speculation about who would play the role. Besides Ranveer, Shah Rukh Khan and Ajay Devgn were the strongest contenders for Bajirao`s role.
As for Mastani, Kareena Kapoor and Katrina Kaif were also considered.
"Sanjay Leela Bhansali was keen on Deepika for Mastani`s part. But she couldn`t seem to accommodate the long schedules required for `Bajirao Mastani`, specially since she gave the nod to Karan Johar`s `Shuddhi` which would take up close to 150 shooting days," said a source.
However, later Deepika is said to have informed the director that she would be able to fit `Bajirao Mastani` into her schedule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Richa Chaddha's 'Masaan' wins Fipresci award at Cannes
- My mom, wife worried about my health: Aamir Khan
- Found my inspiration from a 'besura' singer: Harmeet Singh
- Always had Irrfan, Amitabh Bachchan in mind for 'Piku': Sircar
- Richa Chaddha extends Cannes trip for 'detox'
- Badshah's new song 'Pinjra' on honour killings
- Amitabh Bachchan rehearses even with spotboys, reveals 'Piku' director
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Sidharth Malhotra off to Coonoor to shoot for 'Kapoor and Sons'
- Amitabh Bachchan's great memories 34 years after 'Lawaris'
- Manisha Koirala partners with UNFPA to help quake-affected women
- Eva Longoria wants fitness empire
- Akshay Kumar to launch his clothing line
- Lady Gaga gets over 30 wedding dress sketches from top designers
- Ditch black for bold and bright this summer
- Style up in suede in spring, summer
- Kylie's lip fillers changed her confidence: Kim Kardashian
- Jane Fonda proud to be a fashion icon
- Fashion is not for everybody: Dolce and Gabbana
- Designer Monisha Jaising to enter e-commerce
- Sculpt your looks like Moore, N'yongo did at Cannes
- Keep neck jewellery light in summer
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Gujjars revive agitation for 5% quota in jobs, block rail track
- Manthan: Expert's tips to avoid stomach gas, constipation
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced