Definitely planning SOTY sequel, says Karan Johar
Mumbai: Filmmaker Karan Johar reveals he is determined to make a sequel to his 2012 film "Student Of The Year" (SOTY), and launch more new talent with it.
"For all those asking... definitely planning SOTY 2. Dharma (Productions) plans to make it a franchise and launch new talent with it each time," Karan posted on Twitter.
SOTY saw the launch of four newcomers - Sidharth Malhotra, Alia Bhatt, Varun Dhawan and Kayoze Irani. The movie did well in the metros, and struck a chord with the young audience.
Karan is one to promote new talent constantly. In the past, he has given a platform to directors like Karan Malhotra ("Agneepath"), Shakun Batra ("Ek Main aur Ekk Tu"), Ayan Mukherji ("Wake Up Sid"), Rensil D`Silva ("Kurbaan"), Tarun Mansukhani ("Dostana"), Siddhartha Malhotra ("We Are Family" and Punit Malhotra ("I Hate Luv Storys").
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Madaari' Box Office collections: Irrfan Khan starrer mints Rs 5.75 crores
- Arshad Warsi all set to don director's hat!
- Meet 'Chaani-Sarman' from Ashutosh Gowariker's 'Mohenjo Daro'- See new poster
- 'Doctor Strange' trailer: As spellbinding as it could be!- Watch
- Gal Gadot plays the new DC superhero- 'Wonder Woman'! Watch trailer