Delay in `Chittagong` release hurt Vishal Bhardwaj
Mumbai: Filmmaker Vishal Bhardwaj says he felt really bad at the delay in the release of Anurag Kashyap`s production venture ‘Chittagong’.
"I had already seen `Chittagong` and I am very happy that it is releasing because it is such a beautiful film that it`s non-release used to hurt me (`Chittagong` toh meri dekhi hui film hai and I am very happy ki ye film release ho rahi hai kyunki ye itni khoobsurat film hai ki iska na release hona mujhe bahut bahut dukh deta tha)," the 47-year-old said here Wednesday at the premiere of the film.
‘Chittagong’ has been directed by former NASA scientist Bedabrata Pain and stars Manoj Bajpayee in the lead.
Praising Kashyap`s cinema, Bhardwaj said: "Anurag, I think, is a big revolutionary of contemporary cinema and a very good filmmaker. He is one of the rarest filmmakers whose films I eagerly wait for, whether it`s his production or direction."
The film, based on actual events of 1930 Chittagong uprising, hits theatres Oct 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' filmmaker Damien Chazelle becomes youngest director to win academy
- Production of 'Jurassic World 2' officially begins
- Andrew Lincoln excited about 'Love Actually' sequel
- Oscars 2017: Asghar Farhadi's ‘The Salesman’ wins Best Foreign Language Film
- Oscars 2017: Jimmy Kimmel cracks Trump jokes as 89th Academy Awards