Delay in `Chittagong` release hurt Vishal Bhardwaj
Mumbai: Filmmaker Vishal Bhardwaj says he felt really bad at the delay in the release of Anurag Kashyap`s production venture ‘Chittagong’.
"I had already seen `Chittagong` and I am very happy that it is releasing because it is such a beautiful film that it`s non-release used to hurt me (`Chittagong` toh meri dekhi hui film hai and I am very happy ki ye film release ho rahi hai kyunki ye itni khoobsurat film hai ki iska na release hona mujhe bahut bahut dukh deta tha)," the 47-year-old said here Wednesday at the premiere of the film.
‘Chittagong’ has been directed by former NASA scientist Bedabrata Pain and stars Manoj Bajpayee in the lead.
Praising Kashyap`s cinema, Bhardwaj said: "Anurag, I think, is a big revolutionary of contemporary cinema and a very good filmmaker. He is one of the rarest filmmakers whose films I eagerly wait for, whether it`s his production or direction."
The film, based on actual events of 1930 Chittagong uprising, hits theatres Oct 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gour Hari Das' involvement in his biopic necessary: Ananth Mahadevan
- Tom Hanks looks forward to shoot with Irrfan in `Inferno`
- Action is my favourite genre, says Farhan Akhtar
- Mohamedou Ould Slahi's memoir 'Guantanamo Diary' set for big screen
- Censor Board rejects Sunny Leone's 'Mastizade' over obscenity