Delhi HC lifts stay on 'Gulaab Gang'
Zee Media Bureau/ Aparna Mudi
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court has removed the stay on `Gulaab Gang` on Thursday. The movie is going to be released all over India as scheduled, on the eve of International Women`s Day.
`Gulaab Gang` is partially based on activist Sampat Lal Devi`s life and Gulaabi Gang, that fought against injustice in rural UP. On Wednesday, Sampat Lal Devi, had moved to court to stay it`s release saying that the producers did not take appropriate permissions from her. She also claimed that she has been portrayed wrongly in the movie, and a lot of the content is offensive and misleading.
She also sought financial compensation, saying there are certain scenes in movie which will effect her reputation.
However, the producers of the movie moved to court saying that Sampat Lal Devi`s intentions were doubtful as she has waited for the last minute to gain publicity. The also argued that that Pal should not be granted any relief as she came to the court at the last minute despite knowing about the making of the film since March 2013, saying it found no merit in the contention.
`Gulaab Gang` is centred on the struggle of women in the country. Madhuri Dixit and Juhi Chawla are coming together on the silver screen for the first time under the direction of Soumik Sen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tiger Shroff wishes 'Happy Diwali' in unique 'HappyFeet' dancing style!
- Sidharth Malhotra opens up about 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' controversy, says 'it's unfortunate'
- Kamaal R Khan rips apart Ajay Devgn's 'Shivaay', leaks opening scene online
- Shah Rukh Khan shares priceless moments with acid attack survivors
- Attention ladies, check out the best tips to dress up this festive season
- Shah Rukh Khan's 'Don 3' in the making?
- We all felt 'Golmaal 2' was a crap as compared to its other parts, says Ajay Devgn
- ‘Shivaay’ becomes Ajay Devgn’s biggest international release, to hit theatres in more than 60 countries
- Court dismisses complaint against AjayDevgn over 'Shivaay' song
- Looking forward to bring 'Battle for Bittora' on screen, says Sonam Kapoor