‘Dhobi Ghat’ debutant Kriti was unsure of her acting skills
Mumbai: Designer-turned-actress Kriti Malhotra, who makes her debut opposite Aamir Khan in `Dhobi Ghat`, was first reluctant to be part of the Kiran Rao-directed film as she was unsure of her acting skills.
"I have been doing costume designing for films for three-and-half years. One day I got a call from a friend asking me to come for screen test for Kiran Rao`s film as they were looking for new faces, basically a non-actor. I completely dismissed it as I never thought of acting," she told reporters.
Besides Aamir, `Dhobi Ghat`, Kiran`s directorial debut which is scheduled for release on January 21, stars Prateik Babbar, Monica Dogra and Kriti in pivotal roles.
"I told my friend since its Kiran`s film they would expect some kind of a skill and so I am not coming. But he kept calling for two days and out of curiosity I went to get the experience of screen test. But I was sure they won`t take me anyways," the costume stylist-turned-actress reminisced.
Kriti said Kiran, who first saw her profile on networking site Facebook, liked her screen test and found her acting natural.
In the film, Aamir plays the character of a reclusive painter, Prateik is a washerboy, and Monica and Kriti are two lead heroines. The movie is about these four characters from different strata of society and how their lives are intertwined.
About Aamir`s presence, the debutant said the film`s audience base will become bigger due to the Bollywood star`s association. "Everyone is going to watch it and will know that I acted in it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- We are living in hard times: Ranbir Kapoor
- Surgical strikes: Adnan Sami praises Indian Army, gets slammed on Twitter – Details inside
- Humans are selfish: Tom Hanks
- Pakistani artistes controversy: Salman Khan needs to be taught a lesson, says Shiv Sena – Read more
- Banning films with Pakistan actors could result in losses for Indian cinema, says CBFC chief Nihalani
- SS Rajamouli reveals logo of Prabhas starrer 'Baahubali: The Conclusion' – View inside
- Amazon Prime Video partners with filmmaker to launch 'Baahubali: The Lost Legends'!
- Sony Music acquires music rights of 'Dear Zindagi'
- Not playing Pakistani journalist in 'Noor': Sonakshi Sinha
- Vidya Balan's 'Begum Jaan' release date out!