‘Dhobi Ghat’ encompasses personal experience: Kiran Rao
Mumbai: Filmmaker Kiran Rao says debut directorial venture `Dhobi Ghat` encompasses her personal experiences.
"It is a film about four people and the city of Mumbai -- four ordinary yet special people, whose lives intersect and become forever altered as they journey through longing, loneliness, loss and love...," Kiran said.
She said the film, in many ways, was about her.
"The people I have met and the life I`ve lived in this crazy city!" Kiran said.
She said she came to Mumbai 12 years ago, moved house seven times, worked on eight films, found love and am seeing my dreams come true. "I guess it`s the magic of Mumbai, my muse, my home and the reason I made this film called `Dhobi
Ghat`," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Juhi Chawla slams item numbers for commercialisation of women
- 'Pink' Box Office collections: Amitabh Bachchan, Taapsee Pannu starrer mints Rs 53.10 cr!
- Victoria Leeds is NOT Alex Parrish, reveals Priyanka Chopra on her 'Baywatch' character—Full story inside
- '31st October' already a landmark for me: Soha Ali Khan
- Varun Dhawan working with Amitabh Bachchan? Nah, it's a rumour!