Director Anurag Basu halts `Barfee` shooting to watch semifinal
Mumbai: The shooting of `Barfee` was halted Wednesday as director Anurag Basu, as well as lead actors Ranbir Kapoor and Priyanka Chopra, wanted to catch the India-Pakistan World Cup semi-final at Mohali.
"It was Anurag who triggered off this whole cricket fever during the first spell off `Burfee`. The first thing he wanted to know when the schedule started was if the television in his van worked, since he didn`t want to miss any of the World Cup matches," said a source.
"This kind of engineered cricket fever in Ranbir and Priyanka too. They too made sure their television sets were on the play mode. Every time a shot finished Anurag, Ranbir and Priyanka fled to their vans to catch the matches. We don`t know how they did those emotionally-charged scenes when they had cricket on their minds," added the source.
Finally when the India-Pakistan match approached, Basu put his foot down. He announced he just couldn`t shoot on Wednesday when the world will be watching the match.
`Barfee` is being produced by UTV.
When contacted, Siddharth Roy Kapoor of UTV, said: "Anurag will be in Mohali for the match. So the whole unit will be free to enjoy the proceedings."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Rustom' trailer out: Bollywood in awe of Akshay Kumar!
- Kriti Sanon has mastered the 'lower-back' workout – This video is a proof!
- Saiyami Kher is fresh as a dewdrop: Shabana Azmi
- Salman Khan 'raped woman' remark: Varun Dhawan's reaction is the most quintessential one!
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show': Sufi musicians Wadali Brothers to grace the show