Don`t mind shouting from rooftops about my films: Farhan Akhtar
Mumbai: Actor-filmmaker Farhan Akhtar feels that movie promotions have become an essential part of the marketing blitzkrieg in Bollywood these days.
Farhan is currently gearing up for the release of `Shaadi Ke Side Effects` and is on a promotional spree.
"As actors who are part of the film we are here to serve for the marketing team and producers, and do things which are good for the film. They have a better overview. But I do want to go around and tell people that my film is coming, I will go wherever I have been asked to do," Farhan said.
"I am happy to be part of this film and I am excited to tell people it is coming soon. I don`t think less is more when it comes to telling people about work," he added.
Farhan is also a producer but not for `Shaadi Ke Side Effects`. He was casted in the film and is also involved in the marketing aspect of this movie.
"I think nothing happens in isolation. Everything is a team work. I did give ideas and suggestions if the concerned people are happy and convinced they accept it. We all suggest things as we want best thing for the film," he added.
Considering, it is all about numbers and how much business a film will collect at the box office, Farhan is hopeful that it will do well.
"We are happy with the final product and it is upto the audience to decide now after the film releases. We want our film to be successful but it is not possible to tell how much (business) the film will do," he added.
The film directed by Saket Chaudhary stars Vidya Balan opposite Farhan and is set to release on February 28.
"I do enjoy comedy. It is great change from what I do. It is nice to do this kind of a film. It was an enjoyable experience working with Vidya and Vir Das," Farhan said.
In the film, Farhan's character wants to move out of house and that is when he meets Vir Das and they party all night.
"I am happy to play this role, it is a fun part. It is not who I am in real life. It is not inspired from my real life. It is not necessary that everyone will have same life as this character has in the film. I have just followed the director," he said.
The 40-year-old actor who is married to hair stylist Adhuna for almost 14 years and has two kids - Shakya and Akira - did go for boy's night outs but admits that after marriage the frequency has come down.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi to make a comeback on Salman Khan's show?
- Relationships, friendships and more: Karan Johar reveals the truth about actors
- Ranveer Singh prefers to protect his personal life!
- Seven times Karisma Kapoor gave us serious fashion goals
- Are stubborn acne marks troubling you? Check out these home remedies
- Box Office report: Here's how much 'Dear Zindagi', 'Kahaani 2' collected on Saturday!
- Rana Daggubati, Taapsee Pannu's 'The Ghazi Attack' to strike patriotic chord
- What made Sanjay Leela Bhansali believe that Deepika Padukone's 'Padmavati' has kick started!
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2' new teaser trailer takes excitement up a notch
- Is THIS the reason why Farhan Akhtar refused to act in Akshay Kumar's 'Gold'?