Double win for `Gattu` at NY film fest
New York: ‘Gattu’, a film about a street kid`s ambition to be a kite flying champ, made a mark at the New York Indian Film Festival by winning two awards - best film and best young actor award for child artist Mohd. Samad.
Produced by Children`s Film Society of India (CFSI) and directed by Rajan Khosa, the film was screened at the five-day fest that ended Sunday.
"I am so happy and it sounds like an understatement when I say that. I called up Samad`s parents to tell them the great news, they are so excited. These awards and festivals have been very reassuring and motivating," Khosa said in a statement.
The story is set in a small town in central India, where kite flying is very popular. In the area, a black kite called Kali with mysterious origins always wins. Street kid Gattu dreams of defeating Kali. He tries, but fails. How with his sheer determination and perseverance he fulfils his dream is the film all about.
The film, distributed by Rajshri Productions, is due to hit theatres July 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kriti Sanon to learn the culture, diction of UP for upcoming films!
- 'Moana' release date out!
- Box office report: Riteish Deshmukh's 'Banjo' fails to overpower Amitabh Bachchan's 'Pink'
- Katrina Kaif, Fawad Khan in winter romance in Karan Johar's next
- Five dialogues from Ranbir Kapoor's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' trailer that will definitely win your heart!