Double win for `Gattu` at NY film fest
New York: ‘Gattu’, a film about a street kid`s ambition to be a kite flying champ, made a mark at the New York Indian Film Festival by winning two awards - best film and best young actor award for child artist Mohd. Samad.
Produced by Children`s Film Society of India (CFSI) and directed by Rajan Khosa, the film was screened at the five-day fest that ended Sunday.
"I am so happy and it sounds like an understatement when I say that. I called up Samad`s parents to tell them the great news, they are so excited. These awards and festivals have been very reassuring and motivating," Khosa said in a statement.
The story is set in a small town in central India, where kite flying is very popular. In the area, a black kite called Kali with mysterious origins always wins. Street kid Gattu dreams of defeating Kali. He tries, but fails. How with his sheer determination and perseverance he fulfils his dream is the film all about.
The film, distributed by Rajshri Productions, is due to hit theatres July 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajkummar Rao, Kriti Sanon team up for 'Bareilly Ki Barfi'
- Film with Shah Rukh Khan at very premature stage: Kangana Ranaut
- Get ready to watch Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh in 'Padmavati'! Deets inside
- Stan Lee supports Zendaya's casting in Spider-Man: Homecoming
- Biopic on Kishore Kumar, RD Burman shouldn't be made: Naseeruddin Shah