Dozen years since `Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham`: Shah Rukh Khan reminisces
Mumbai: It`s been 12 years since Karan Johar`s ‘Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham’ hit the big screen. The filmmaker says it was his father Yash Johar`s favourite movie, while the film`s lead actor Shah Rukh Khan thanked the whole team for making it a success.
The family drama stars a stellar cast including Amitabh Bachchan, Jaya Bachchan, Shah Rukh, Kajol, Hrithik Roshan and Kareena Kapoor.
"12 years of K3G, my dad`s favourite movie...he always cried when he saw it, and said `Shah Rukh and Amitabh Bachchan reminded him of his dad and him`," Karan shared on microblogging site Twitter Saturday.
Shah Rukh, who played Rahul in the movie, had a lot of people to thank.
"This one has a big thank you list...Amit ji, Jaya ji, Hrithik, Kareena, Kajol, Yashji, Faridaji (Farida Jalal), grannies, fainting Karan and all phew! `K3G`- a dozen years," tweeted the superstar.
The film released Dec 14, 2001. It spoke about family values and the tragic feeling of loss when loved ones part ways. Based on relationships, the movie was loved both in India and overseas as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gulzar reveals Rajesh Khanna acted in 'Anand' at a nominal fee
- Getting threats over 'Parched', claims director
- Harshvardhan Kapoor, Saiyami Kher in 'Mirzya' second TRAILER set the mood for classic tale! Watch here
- We'll live up to hype around 'MS Dhoni: The Untold Story': Neeraj Pandey
- Parineeti Chopra excited, nervous to work with Irrfan Khan