Ekta Kapoor, Pritish Nandy join hands for `Shaadi Ke Side Effects`
New Delhi: Bollywood banners Balaji Motion Pictures and Pritish Nandy Communications have come together to present ‘Shaadi Ke Side Effects’, a sequel to the 2006 film ‘Pyaar Ke Side Effects’ starring Rahul Bose and Mallika Sherawat.
It features Farhan Akhtar and Vidya Balan in lead roles.
Ekta Kapoor of Balaji Motion Pictures is confident the movie will be a "laughathon and entertainment all the way".
"It`s going to be exciting working with Farhan, who is extremely talented and of course Vidya Balan, who is an actress par excellence and my personal favourite," said Kapoor.
The actors are joined by an ensemble cast of stand-up comedian Vir Das, actor Ram Kapoor and his wife Gautami, singer-actress Ila Arun and legendary singer Hariharan, who plays Farhan`s father in the film.
The story of the sequel focusses on iconic characters, Sid and Trisha, played by Rahul Bose and Mallika Sherawat respectively, in the sequel. Sid and Trisha will now be seen as husband and wife.
Now they must address themselves to the impossible task of coping with each other`s fantasies and realities.
Vidya and Farah make the perfect Sid and Trisha, according to producer Pritish Nandy.
"`Shaadi Ke Side Effects` is a witty, sexy, hilarious comedy that will warm your hearts and to all you newly-weds, it`s time to pick a side again in the war of Mars versus Venus," he said in a statement.
The romantic comedy will go on the floors Feb 17, and will hit theatres Dec 6.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shraddha Kapoor breaks the style code in latest Harper's Bazaar cover! – See pic
- Monsoon getaway: Bigg Boss contestant Mandana Karimi rocks in white while holidaying in Goa- See pic
- Monsoon trouble for shoes? Best tips to save your footwear this rainy season
- 'Rustom': The re-invention of Akshay Kumar
- Milkha Singh launches 'Read India' initiative
- 'Sultan' promo out: Salman Khan gets defensive for Shah Rukh Khan! - Watch
- Shahid Kapoor-Alia Bhatt's 'Udta Punjab' steady at Box Office, mints Rs 57.56 crore!
- 'Sultan': Spectacular Anushka Sharma as a bride will win your heart!- See full pic
- 'Shorgul' not to be released in Muzaffarnagar
- I will produce Hollywood films in future: Vashu Bhagnani