Ekta Kapoor, Pritish Nandy join hands for `Shaadi Ke Side Effects`
New Delhi: Bollywood banners Balaji Motion Pictures and Pritish Nandy Communications have come together to present ‘Shaadi Ke Side Effects’, a sequel to the 2006 film ‘Pyaar Ke Side Effects’ starring Rahul Bose and Mallika Sherawat.
It features Farhan Akhtar and Vidya Balan in lead roles.
Ekta Kapoor of Balaji Motion Pictures is confident the movie will be a "laughathon and entertainment all the way".
"It`s going to be exciting working with Farhan, who is extremely talented and of course Vidya Balan, who is an actress par excellence and my personal favourite," said Kapoor.
The actors are joined by an ensemble cast of stand-up comedian Vir Das, actor Ram Kapoor and his wife Gautami, singer-actress Ila Arun and legendary singer Hariharan, who plays Farhan`s father in the film.
The story of the sequel focusses on iconic characters, Sid and Trisha, played by Rahul Bose and Mallika Sherawat respectively, in the sequel. Sid and Trisha will now be seen as husband and wife.
Now they must address themselves to the impossible task of coping with each other`s fantasies and realities.
Vidya and Farah make the perfect Sid and Trisha, according to producer Pritish Nandy.
"`Shaadi Ke Side Effects` is a witty, sexy, hilarious comedy that will warm your hearts and to all you newly-weds, it`s time to pick a side again in the war of Mars versus Venus," he said in a statement.
The romantic comedy will go on the floors Feb 17, and will hit theatres Dec 6.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Angelina Jolie was drug-tested for 'Lara Croft'
- Meri Pyaari Bindu FIRST LOOK out! Parineeti Chopra and Ayushmann Khurrana set for a quirky tale
- Aamir Khan to sign a whopping Rs 20 cr 'Dangal' deal with Netflix?
- Salman Khan wraps up first schedule of 'Tiger Zinda Hai', bids goodbye to freezing Austria!
- Anushka Sharma – Diljit Dosanjh starrer ‘Phillauri’ keeps ‘spirits’ high, earns moderately at Box Office