Ekta Kapoor wants to set new trend of Rs.200 crore movies
Noida: Filmmaker Ekta Kapoor says she is now in a position to make a gritty action film like ‘Shootout At Wadala’, adding its time to kick start a new trend of movies doing Rs.200 crore business.
"Today, every film does Rs.100 crore business... even a film which earns Rs.95 crore, joins the Rs.100 crore club business," Ekta told reporters here Saturday.
"So now it`s time to create a new trend.’Shootout at Wadala` is unique and I hope it makes Rs.200 crore club. Is there any club of that, should we start one?"
She was here for the live trailer launch of the crime thriller, a dramatised version of Mumbai police`s first registered shootout in which gangster Manya Surve was gunned down in 1982 at Wadala, at the the Great India Place Mall here.
Ekta is quite confident about her film.
"I have made a film and the film is based on a book, so if the book is doing great, then why should I be scared? I think one should remain true to their heart, rest will fall into place," she said.
"I think actors have been brave to play the roles and the director has been brave enough to make the film. Also, I think I am in a brave position now to given such films," added the filmmaker who dared to make "The Dirty Picture", an unofficial biopic on southern sex icon Silk Smitha.
Directed by Sanjay Gupta, the crime thriller is set for a May 1 release and features John Abraham, Kangna Ranaut, Tusshar Kapoor and Sonu Sood.
The film, a prequel to 2007 film ‘Shootout at Lokhandwala’, is based on the book ‘Dongri To Dubai’ written by Hussain Zaidi.
It is the story of gangsters like Sabir Ibrahim, Manya Surve and Dawood Ibrahim and Ekta has given the same name to the characters of the movies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out: Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' teaser to release tonight!
- Watch: Ranveer, Anushka's love story in new 'Dil Dhadakne Do' dialogue promo
- 'Baaghi': Tiger Shroff, Shraddha Kapoor turn rebels in love!
- 'Twin Peaks' to get 18 new episodes
- First trailer of 'Point Break' remake released
- 'Lay Me Down' changed my life: Sam Smith
- Taylor Swift goes on dinner date with Calvin Harris
- I have a coolest relationship with God: Justin Bieber
- Rihanna posts daring gun-toting photo on Instagram
- Robert Rodriguez to helm Jonny Quest film
- Robert Rodriguez to helm Jonny Quest film
- Lindsay Lohan avoids jail with 125 hours of community service
- Remo D’Souza is now on Twitter!
- Salman Khan to tweet in Hindi, Urdu
- Check out: Shah Rukh Khan, AbRam’s selfie
- Jackie Chan opens acting school in China
- I’ve fallen in love with acting, says Lauren Gottlieb
- Playing Kashibai emotionally draining for Priyanka Chopra
- Shraddha Kapoor visits 'Baaghi' set ahead of shoot
- Salman Khan thanks Aamir, Shah Rukh for 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' poster release
- 'Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya blaze'
- I don't consider myself a star: Priyanka Chopra
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`