Emraan Hashmi to play modern day Natwarlal in next film
Mumbai: Actor Emraan Hashmi would play a conman in masala thriller titled `Raja Natwarlal`.
The UTV Motion Pictures` movie captures the essence of Emraan`s character in the film.
"Ever since I heard this title, I have been after UTV to get it. It etches out my character perfectly and is extremely catchy. Also, because it fits in so well with the space of the film, it will help us in promoting the film very well," Emraan said.
Director Kunal Deshmukh feels that the title takes the film to another level.
"I always wanted to present Emraan in a never seen before avatar. He plays a master street con artist - the modern day Natwarlal. So the title is just apt," Kunal said.
The film was earlier titled `Shaatir`, but now it will be called `Raja Natwarlal`.
"Emraan, Kunal and our team were thrilled about this title from the moment we hit upon it, as it sums up his character perfectly. Emraan and director Kunal Deshmukh together have entertained audiences with back-to-back hits earlier and we look forward to `Raja Natwarlal` to entertain our audiences," studio head, Amrita Pandey said.
The film is slated for August 29 release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Priyanka Chopra's Marathi production 'Ventilator' POSTER alert!
- This Ganesha idol is made of natural stone shaped like an elephant
- Hotness alert! Check out Rubina Dilaik’s too-sexy-to-handle avatar
- Salman Khan’s ‘Bigg Boss’ season 10: Check out the tentative list of contestants
- Rahul Khanna to host TV show 'The Mavericks'
- Playing Sikh man in a serious film was tough: Vir Das
- Hansal Mehta reveals Rajkummar's look from 'Omerta' on his birthday
- Alia Bhatt to turn 'Dulhania' for Badrinath aka Varun Dhawan one more time! Picture blast
- No issue with censor board: 'Baar Baar Dekho' director
- Emraan Hashmi hopes 'Baadshaho' turns out bigger than 'Once Upon A Time in Mumbaai'