Even kids know a film requires an item number: Vikas Bahl
Mumbai: Creative producer-turned-director Vikas Bahl says the child artistes in his debut film ‘Chillar Party’ realised that it is important to have an item number to lure the audiences and so this was included.
"The promo shows that the kids realised that they worked hard, made a film, but no one would see it if there is no item number, so they approach Ranbir Kapoor for an item number for the film and he does it. The idea was that even kids today know that a film won`t run without a item number," Vikas told reporters.
‘Chiller Party’ is actor Salman Khan`s maiden production venture, which he has co-produced with UTV.
Vikas, who had been creative producer of films like ‘Dev D’, ‘Udaan’ and ‘No One Killed Jessica,’ has teamed up with ad-man Niraj Tiwari to jointly write and direct ‘Chillar Party.’
In the film, which is releasing July 8, a gang of feisty kids fight together to save their friend.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gulzar reveals Rajesh Khanna acted in 'Anand' at a nominal fee
- Getting threats over 'Parched', claims director
- Harshvardhan Kapoor, Saiyami Kher in 'Mirzya' second TRAILER set the mood for classic tale! Watch here
- We'll live up to hype around 'MS Dhoni: The Untold Story': Neeraj Pandey
- Parineeti Chopra excited, nervous to work with Irrfan Khan