Even kids know a film requires an item number: Vikas Bahl
Mumbai: Creative producer-turned-director Vikas Bahl says the child artistes in his debut film ‘Chillar Party’ realised that it is important to have an item number to lure the audiences and so this was included.
"The promo shows that the kids realised that they worked hard, made a film, but no one would see it if there is no item number, so they approach Ranbir Kapoor for an item number for the film and he does it. The idea was that even kids today know that a film won`t run without a item number," Vikas told reporters.
‘Chiller Party’ is actor Salman Khan`s maiden production venture, which he has co-produced with UTV.
Vikas, who had been creative producer of films like ‘Dev D’, ‘Udaan’ and ‘No One Killed Jessica,’ has teamed up with ad-man Niraj Tiwari to jointly write and direct ‘Chillar Party.’
In the film, which is releasing July 8, a gang of feisty kids fight together to save their friend.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan shoots with real-life boxers
- Sobhita Dhulipala was perfect for 'Raman Raghav 2.0': Anurag Kashyap
- Don't want to do many films at a time, says Kareena Kapoor Khan
- Watch: Trailer of India's first stoner movie 'M Cream' is finally out
- Priyanka Chopra opens up about her Hollywood debut 'Baywatch'! – Read more