Everyone has to think about the failure of `Gori Tere Pyaar Mein`: Imran Khan
Mumbai: Imran Khan teamed for the second time with Kareena Kapoor for `Gori Tere Pyaar Mein`, which failed to entice the box office. The actor says instead of blaming just the lead pair, everyone should analyse where the problem lay.
There were reports that it didn`t work because Kareena-Imran `jodi`, earlier seen in `Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu`, didn`t go down well with the viewers.
"Definitely it was not up to our expectations. You feel sad when a film doesn`t work but this is a reality of our industry. If you can`t handle it then you are in the wrong business," the 30-year-old told reporters while talking about the film`s box office performance.
A Karan Johar-production, `Gori Tere Pyaar Mein` was directed by Punit Malhotra.
"When we did `Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu`, people liked the pairing. I think if a film fails everyone has to think about it - be it the writer or director. Everyone needs to analyse the problem area," he said.
"It`s not fair to put the blame on only one thing - pairing. It is very wrong to even say that marriage affects a heroine. If a film has failed, then there was some problem with the film," he added.
Meanwhile, Imran will start shooting for this next film `Bhavesh Joshi` early next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'San Andreas' built to entertain, not traumatise: Director
- Azealia Banks to star in 'Coco'
- Look cool in denim during summer
- 'Amy' to premiere at Edinburgh Film Festival
- Piers Morgan returns to 'America's Got Talent' as guest
- Would love to work with Irrfan again: 'The Lunchbox' director
- Short films are stepping stone for any filmmaker: Vikas Bahl
- Kanye West almost killed while hiking
- No point in fighting ageing, says George Clooney
- Alia Bhatt turns vegetarian!
- 'San Andreas' to release in Hindi and English on May 29
- My ambition is to be honourable family man: Ranveer Singh
- Ranbir Kapoor is a fantastic actor: Aamir Khan
- Shahid Kapoor sleepless over marriage?
- Kriti finds Sonam, Deepika, Priyanka stylish
- I'm absolutely fine: Adah Sharma on accident rumour
- Sameera Reddy blessed with baby boy!
- Daddy Akshay Kumar goes mango plucking for daughter
- Happy Birthday AbRam Khan!
- Adah Sharma meets with accident, hospitalised
- Watch: Ranveer Singh in 'Hunger Ki Bajao' video!
- See pics: Riteish, Genelia with their little bundle of joy 'Riaan'!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow