Exclusive: I am not responsible for Katrina’s success, says Salman Khan
Mumbai: Not too long ago, Katrina Kaif had said that she doesn’t owe her success solely to Salman Khan. And the former beau of the beauty seems to be agreeing with her. Salman Khan said Katrina Kaif is what she is because of her hard work and that he doesn’t feel he has contributed any bit to Katrina’s success. However, the actress did admit that she credits Salman a lot for helping her evolve as a human being.
Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif spoke exclusively to Sudhir Chaudhry, Business Head and Editor, Zee News about their latest film ‘Ek Tha Tiger’, slated to release on August 15.
On being asked about their pairing in the film, Katrina said that if the audiences like to see them play on screen lovers, then, “it’s a good thing for the film.” Katrina said that she has learnt a lot from Salman by observing him on the sets and calls him the “protector”.
The script of ‘Ek Tha Tiger’ appealed to Salman Khan so much that he didn’t have to contemplate before signing the film.
Salman, who is often called Katrina’s mentor, was modest enough to admit that many filmmakers who cast her in their films are equally responsible for Katrina’s success.
When quizzed about whether he likes being in news, Salman said, “It depends on what kind of I am being made into,” while Katrina said, “For an actor, it is something unavoidable. It has been there since the beginning of the film industry and it is always going to be there. An actor’s relationship with media is sometimes good and sometimes bad. But you have to get used to it. It’s a part of the job.”
With 3 consecutive Eid Blockbusters to his credit- ‘Wanted’, ‘Dabangg’ and ‘Bodyguard, Salman is living the best phase of his career. And now his new film ‘Ek Tha Tiger’ looks promising too. Talking about the current phase of his life, Khan said, “I don’t know about the future but yes this is the best phase of my career. And I am enjoying it very much. I do think positive and feel good but I don’t worry much about what the future holds for me.” He also added, “I have gone through a number of ups and downs in the past. But my present is the best phase of my life so far.”
Salman also showed a glimpse of his humorous side by saying, “I have improved a bit as an actor”. However, he does believe that he is himself on screen and doesn’t feel the need to act. “I am a natural actor,” said Khan.
But his on screen lady love had a different take on acting. She said, “I do act. The role is different in every film. So the actor’s personality is what shows in the performance.”
When he was told that ‘Ek Tha Tiger’ looks a lot different from his previous masalafilms, Salman said he does a film if the script convinces him, irrespective of what genre it belongs to.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Taylor Swift's fiercely loyal: Karlie Kloss
- Ed Sheeran may take year off
- Famed Detroit jazz trumpeter Marcus Belgrave dies at 78
- French immigration thriller bags Cannes Palme d'Or
- Rooney Mara, Emmanuelle Bercot share Cannes best actress award
- Feel sad to not see KKR at Eden: Shah Rukh Khan
- Anushka Sharma feels 'terrible' on being sick, misses fun with DDD boys
- Anil Kapoor, Ranveer Singh cheer for MI, Farhan Akhtar wants to catch a sixer
- Anushka Sharma has evolved as an actor, person: Ranveer Singh
- Haryana to set up three museums
- 'Mohenjodaro' wraps up 101 days of shoot in Bhuj
- Haryana to set up three museums
- Indus Valley script numerical, not language: Historian
- Rajkumar Hirani produces his sister's play
- Ramayana miniatures go on show in Canberra
- Teenagers throws spotlight on social issues through theatre
- Paul Walker's 'Fast and Furious' Supra auctioned off for USD 185K
- No winning or losing in art: Helen Mirren
- 'Jungle Me Mangal': Matheran culture fest opens Thursday
- Lost 'My Fair Lady' songs to be performed after 60 years
- 'Hamilton' wins 2015 OBIE Award
- Music, performing arts festival near Pune from May 29
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- PM Modi to address rally in Mathura, may announce 'one rank, one pension' scheme implementation
- Kejriwal to hold 'Jan Sabha' to mark 100 days of AAP govt, may demand full statehood for Delhi