Farah Khan gets ‘Tees Maar Khan’ cleared with a U/A certificate
Mumbai: Dazed and confused by Katrina Kaif’s oozing sexuality and raunchy moves in ‘Sheila ki Jawani’, the Censor Board had a tough time in clearing Farah Khan’s ‘Tees Maar Khan’.
Buzz has it that after the Censor Board ordered eighteen cuts in ‘Tees Maar Khan’, Farah took her film to the revising committee, which later on passed the film with a U/A certificate.
Talking to a daily, a source said, “Some of the members at the censor board were unreasonable and demanded some unjustified cuts from the film. In fact they even asked the word Sheila to be removed from the song ‘Sheila ki Jawani’. Some of the other cuts involved scenes where Katrina Kaif’s naval was visible.”
“They even asked for the phrase `Maa ki aankh’ to be removed; ‘Golmaal Returns’ had the same dialogue even in its promos barely a month ago. Some other words like tawaif, etc were also asked to be removed. Farah Khan did not accept these cuts and took the film to the revising committee in Delhi. The committee of seven members saw the film on Thursday and did not find anything so earth-shattering in the film to warrant 18 cuts. The film was passed with only a couple of cuts and a passing certificate will be issued to the film early next week,” finally added the source.
Meanwhile, Pankaja Thakur, Censor executive, said, “We are not giving any statements on ‘Tees Maar Khan’ till the whole process ends. For us the process is not over yet.”
Even as Farah and Shirish remained unavailable for comments, the duo is still to come to terms with the fate of ‘Tees Maar Khan’ at the hands of Censor Board.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shraddha Kapoor breaks the style code in latest Harper's Bazaar cover! – See pic
- Monsoon getaway: Bigg Boss contestant Mandana Karimi rocks in white while holidaying in Goa- See pic
- Monsoon trouble for shoes? Best tips to save your footwear this rainy season
- 'Rustom': The re-invention of Akshay Kumar
- Milkha Singh launches 'Read India' initiative
- 'Sultan' promo out: Salman Khan gets defensive for Shah Rukh Khan! - Watch
- Shahid Kapoor-Alia Bhatt's 'Udta Punjab' steady at Box Office, mints Rs 57.56 crore!
- 'Sultan': Spectacular Anushka Sharma as a bride will win your heart!- See full pic
- 'Shorgul' not to be released in Muzaffarnagar
- I will produce Hollywood films in future: Vashu Bhagnani