Farah Khan still looking for female lead in `Happy New Year`
Kolkata: Choreographer-director Farah Khan said she is yet to decide on the female lead opposite Shah Rukh for her new project ‘Happy New Year’.
"I am yet to find the heroine. I am looking for the right face and would tell you shortly when we find her," said Farah on the sets of ‘DID Supermom’, a TV dance show, here.
Farah, 48, said he chose Shah Rukh for the film because he fits into the character.
"It is an automatic choice - Shah Rukh. Not because he is my close buddy, but he fits into the role."
Farah, who also made her acting debut last year with ‘Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi’, helmed many masala films like ‘Main Hoon Na’, ‘Om Shanti Om’ and ‘Tees Maar Khan’.
Farah has recently choreographed the IPL`s new theme song `Dil Jumping Zapaak` and says the number is a tribute to singing legend Kishore Kumar.
"It has already become a chartbuster and is actually a tribute to the uninhibited singing style of Kishoreda (Kishore Kumar). The peppy nature of the track and choreography has the look and feel of Kishoreda`s timeless funny songs," Farah said.
She said she is happy with the way Indian women are grooming themselves now, "both homemakers and career ladies".
"I feel proud to be a mom and a woman, we are gifted. Women have the innate ability to make their mark in the field of aesthetics. No need for any expert help," Farah said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistani artistes controversy: Salman Khan needs to be taught lesson, says Shiv Sena – Read more
- Banning films with Pakistan actors could result in losses for Indian cinema, says CBFC chief Nihalani
- MS Dhoni goes gaga over Sushant Singh Rajput's performance in his biopic
- Priyanka Chopra to go 'Live With Kelly' once again
- Pakistani artistes controversy: Abu Azmi backs Salman Khan, says Shiv Sena indulging in 'theatrics'
- SS Rajamouli reveals logo of Prabhas starrer 'Baahubali: The Conclusion' – View inside
- Amazon Prime Video partners with filmmaker to launch 'Baahubali: The Lost Legends'!
- Sony Music acquires music rights of 'Dear Zindagi'
- Not playing Pakistani journalist in 'Noor': Sonakshi Sinha
- Vidya Balan's 'Begum Jaan' release date out!