Film inspired by Narendra Modi neither funded nor propaganda: Director
Mumbai: Director Rupesh Paul, who is making a film inspired by the life of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, claims that the film is neither funded by any political party nor propaganda ahead of this year`s general elections.
Rupesh, who is gearing up for a film titled `NaMo` claims that though it is not a biopic, it bears resemblance to the life of BJP`s prime ministerial candidate and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
"It is not a biopic. It is a mainstream Bollywood political thriller that is highly inspired by Narendra Modi. It is neither a propaganda nor a funded movie," Rupesh said.
"It is challenging to make a movie on someone who has strong opponents and at the same time has a section who looks upto him as their hero. I cannot afford to make a smallest mistake in the presentation," he said.
Rupesh is hopeful that this movie would be appreciated by the opponents of Modi as well as his supporters.
Rupesh claims Modi was informed about the movie by associate producer Mitesh Patel but the director has not met the Gujarat CM and does not intend to meet him as well.
"I would not like to meet him (Modi) as of now, because I want to do absolute justice to my cinematic character and I fear that meeting him in person would influence my screenplay and the fictional character that I am trying to come up with," Rupesh said.
Rupesh wants Paresh Rawal to play the lead role in the movie. "We have not had the final discussion with him yet we are on talks with him. But I would be lucky to have an actor like him with such tremendous range, on board," Rupesh claimed.
Shooting for this film will begin from next month, around Gujarat and Mumbai and it would be released by mid May this year, he said.
Rupesh was earlier in the headlines for his bold period film `Kamasutra 3D` and his subsequent fight with its actress Sherlyn Chopra.
"`Kamasutra 3D` and `NaMo` are two different genre movies. Let us not mix the both. The movie came to me after producers were drawn to the official trailer of `Kamasutra 3D`," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aryan Khan, Navya Naveli's 'Muck Up Day' picture is HERE!
- Sorry IPL, AbRam Khan stole thunder last night – Watch video
- Here’s what Kangana Ranaut’s father has to say about her legal battle with Hrithik Roshan
- Mahabharata’s Bhima was married to a rakshasi – Do you know who she is
- Sonakshi Sinha turns boho chic for Harper's Bazaar Bride—See cover!
- Hollywood bound? Deepika Padukone auditions for role in Tom Cruise starrer 'The Mummy'
- Vidya Balan's 'Kahaani 2' release date OUT!
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Revealed! Sanjay Dutt opens up about his comeback plans
- Time flies! Emraan Hashmi reminisces four years of 'Jannat 2'