Films Division keeps away from IFFI; busy with museum project
Panaji: The final preparation to launch the national museum of Indian Cinema has kept the Films Division away from having their annual display at the ongoing International Film Festival of India (IFFI) in Goa, a senior official said today.
"The entire team is currently busy setting up the museum of Indian Cinema in our Mumbai campus, which will be inaugurated in December this year," V S Kundu, Director General, Films Division told media persons at IFFI venue today.
The Rs 150-crore project would be a landmark one showcasing the history of Indian cinema, he said, adding that the entire project would be completed within two years, while the first phase will be unveiled in December.
"Since we are busy with setting up of the museum, we asked the ministry (Information and Broadcasting Ministry) to excuse us from putting up the exhibition stall at IFFI," he said.
The Films Divison has been annually putting up exhibition at the IFFI and during last edition of the festival, they had showcased 100 years of Indian Cinema at Kala Academy venue of the festival.
Kundu said that the Films Division has been assisting IFFI organisers in the preparations and they will continue holding exhibition at the festival from next year onwards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dhoni's biopic- 'MS Dhoni: The Untold Story' to release in 4,500 screens across 60 countries!
- I could not relate to the role offered in 'Baadshaho': Diljit Dosanjh
- Ayushmann Khurrana to don a muscular look for 'Bareilly Ki Barfi'
- We have a great news for MS Dhoni fans in Jharkhand! - Details inside
- After 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil', Ranbir Kapoor and Anushka Sharma to join forces once again?