Flops can`t take away anything from Subhash Ghai, says his student
New Delhi: Newcomer Neha Yadav, an alumnus of Subhash Ghai’s Whistling Woods International Institute, says that the filmmaker might be going through a rough phase, but his recent string of flop movies can’t take away his past accolades.
The 26-year-old also made her cinematic debut with Subhash Ghai’s production “Love Express” in 2011 along with her new TV show “Suhani Si Ek Ladki” co-star Sahil Mehta, and says she learnt a lot from the `showman`.
“The first film we did... he (Subhash) gave us a chance. We were like students who graduated. I learnt a lot from him. He is a veteran and one can learn something new from him everyday. He was a mentor. He taught us not just about acting but also how to become a better human being,” Neha told reporters.
Ghai’s recent projects like `Love Express`, `Yuvvraaj` and “Kaanchi” didn’t click with the audience and Neha says it “feels bad”.
“You would want that it should do well but I think you can’t take away anything from him. He holds the record for giving maximum hits in a row, so a few movies not doing well can’t take away anything from him. Our movie didn’t do well but we learnt from it,” she said.
And the movie in a way helped her to bag a role the new Star Plus show, which is co-produced by Ghai’s niece Suzana Ghai.
“I got a call from Suzana Ghai and I went for the audition. They liked it and that’s how I got the role. She probably saw me in the movie,” said the Delhi girl, who plays Soumya - an outgoing girl in the TV show.
She admires the “Pardes” director for sure, but also wants to work with Imtiaz Ali.
“He brings out the best in every actor. Be it ‘Highway’, ‘Jab We Met’, ‘Socha Na Tha’ or ‘Rockstar’, actors shone through. I would love to be directed by him,” said Neha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 10: Ranveer Singh – Vaani Kapoor entertaintain contestants; Elena Kazan gets evicted
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi to make a comeback on Salman Khan's show?
- Relationships, friendships and more: Karan Johar reveals the truth about actors
- Ranveer Singh prefers to protect his personal life!
- Seven times Karisma Kapoor gave us serious fashion goals
- Box Office report: Here's how much 'Dear Zindagi', 'Kahaani 2' collected on Saturday!
- Rana Daggubati, Taapsee Pannu's 'The Ghazi Attack' to strike patriotic chord
- What made Sanjay Leela Bhansali believe that Deepika Padukone's 'Padmavati' has kick started!
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2' new teaser trailer takes excitement up a notch
- Is THIS the reason why Farhan Akhtar refused to act in Akshay Kumar's 'Gold'?