Gear up for Shriya Saran`s item number
New Delhi: Everybody is doing item song in Bollyhwood these days and the latest to join the list is Shriya Saran. The actress will groove to an item number in Sanjay Dutt-starrer ‘Zilla Ghaziabad’.
"I have done an item song in `Zilla Ghaziabad`. It is a fun song. Every time I used to see myself on the monitor, I used to think `Is that me`? As an actor, it is fun to experiment with your image. I have done many item numbers in the South, but this would be my first in any Hindi film," Shriya told IANS, but didn`t reveal the title of the song.
A known name down south, Shriya has featured in Hindi films such as ‘Tuzhe Meri Kasam’, ‘Mission Istanbul", and most recently ‘Gali Gali Chor Hai’.
The actress feels it is a great time for the Indian film industry.
"It is a big industry and it needs to come together. As a storyteller, you have more freedom to express as you have a larger audience and people accept you," she said.
"It is an honour to be part of the films. I am grateful to god that I am part of the industry," she added.
Shriya is now looking forward to the release of her "Midnight`s Children", a film adaptation of Salman Rushdie`s 1981 novel of the same name.
Written and directed by Deepa Mehta, the film features an ensemble cast of Satya Bhabha, Siddharth, Anupam Kher, Shabana Azmi, Seema Biswas, Shahana Goswami, Samrat Chakrabarti, Rahul Bose, Anita Majumdar and Darsheel Safary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan will entice you in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' as a beautiful poetess!
- Can you guess how many Indian films made it to BBC's list of best 100 films? – Full list inside
- Shah Rukh Khan's epic film 'Darr' gets its own web series 'DARR 2.0'—Watch teaser!
- Deepika Padukone getting Rs 11 crore for Sanjay Leela Bhansali's 'Padmavati'? Here's the truth
- 'Raaz Reboot' passed with no cuts by CBFC: Mukesh Bhatt