Good looks can make you hero, not actor: Nawazuddin
Mumbai: Actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui believes he looks "dull", but has still managed to carve a niche in the Hindi film industry. He says good looks may guarantee a hero`s spot, but not acting skills.
"People say `Oh, he is so good looking, go to Mumbai and you will become a hero`. Of course, he can become a hero! But it is very tough to become an actor," the 39-year-old said here Wednesday at a film club function at the University of Mumbai.
Many may believe that good looks and an inborn talent to act make an impressive actor, but Nawazuddin, who has received critical acclaim for his work, says good training and practice can make actors out of the ordinary.
"Many people say that you are born an actor, but according to me, actors can be made. If a dull man like me can become an actor, then definitely the training and practice I underwent is responsible for it.
"Dancers and musicians need to practice, similarly actors also need to practice," he added.
Nawazuddin was last seen in the acclaimed "The Lunchbox" and "Miss Lovely" and will soon be seen in "Mountain Man", "Ghoomketu" and "Kick."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- HC refuses to stay summons to 'Jolly LLB 2' team
- Rangoon: Saif Ali Khan’s interview with ‘Shopkeeper’ Gaurav Gera is hilarious – Watch
- Ranbir Kapoor looks exactly like young Sanjay Dutt in leaked PICS from the biopic!
- Toilet - Ek Prem Katha: New still featuring Akshay Kumar, Bhumi Pednekar out
- 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania' promotions: Varun Dhawan, Alia Bhatt take Jaipur by storm - Watch