Got drunk for a scene in `Citylights` to look real: Rajkummar Rao
Mumbai: Actor Rajkummar Rao does not consume alcohol in real life but he got drunk for a scene in his upcoming film `City Lights` to bring credibility to his performance.
In a particular scene, Rajkummar visits a bar, gets sloshed and arrives home dead drunk.
"I don`t drink but I did not want to fake it. So I asked Hansal (director of the film Hansal Mehta), who is experienced in these matters, for the scene. On his advice, I started off with Vodka. I started downing a few pegs and was completely gone," said the `Shahid` star.
For the scene, Rajkummar then had to go home and pick up a fight with actress Patralekha, who plays his on-screen wife.
"We were shooting on the eighth floor and there was always an element of scariness," Rajkummar said.
Produced by Foxstar Studios and Vishesh Films, `City Lights` is slated to release on May 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Raees: Sunny Leone's Dubsmash of Shah Rukh Khan's dialogue is too good to miss – Watch
- Confirmed! Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan to recreate 'Karan Arjun' magic in Kabir Khan's 'Tubelight'
- Vin Diesel wants to do Bollywood movie with Deepika Padukone
- Dia Mirza a part of Rajkumar Hirani's Sanjay Dutt biopic?
- Aamir Khan ‘Dangal’ inching closer to Rs 375 crores collections!