Got my `American Hustle` accent from TV series: Lawrence
Los Angeles: Oscar-winning actress Jennifer Lawrence has revealed that she picked up her accent as big-mouthed wife in "American Hustle" by watching "The Real Housewives of New Jersey".
The 23-year-old actress plays the wife of Christian Bale, who is a conman in the film, reported Ace showbiz.
"I can`t tell where it came from because I just kind of started speaking in it, and I`ve been watching a lot of reality TV shows and those reality TV shows have a lot of New Jersey women. So I can`t say that it`s not from them," she said.
"American Hustle" has collected seven nominations at the 71th Annual Golden Globe Awards. One of them is Best Supporting Actress for the actress.
"Thank you to the HFPA. This is so exciting. I`m thrilled that the film received so many nominations and that I get to share this with the rest of the cast," she said.
It also stars Bradley Cooper, Amy Adams, Jeremy Renner, Louis C K and many big stars.
Based on the FBI ABSCAM operation of the late 1970s and early 1980s, it follows brilliant conman Irving (Bale) and his lover Sydney (Adams) being recruited and forced to work for FBI agent Richie (Cooper).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Casey Affleck emerges from brother Ben`s shadow with Oscar win
- Oscars 2017: Priyanka Chopra raises temperature in white at red carpet
- 'Sahiba' from Anushka Sharma, Diljit Dosanjh starrer 'Phillauri' will soothe your soul
- Late Bollywood actor Om Puri remembered at Oscars 2017
- 'Trapped' a risk worth taking: Vikramaditya Motwane