Govinda, Vinod Khanna in `Hero` remake?
Mumbai: Actors Govinda and Vinod Khanna are likely to reprise the roles essayed by Sanjeev Kumar and Shammi Kapoor in the remake of 80s blockbuster film ‘Hero’.
Filmmaker Subhash Ghai and superstar Salman Khan will launch Sooraj Pancholi, son of actor Aditya Pancholi who was recently in the news in connection with Jiah Khan suicide case, in the remake version of 1983 hit film.
The film will also serve as the launch pad for actor Suniel Shetty`s daughter Athiya opposite Sooraj.
‘Hero’ was directed by Ghai and starred Jackie Shroff and Meenakshi Sheshadri in the lead. Sanjeev Kumar played Meenakshi`s brother while Shammi Kapoor enacted the role of her father.
"They (Govinda and Vinod Khanna) are in consideration... we are in talks with them for these parts (Sanjeev Kumar and Shammi Kapoor`s roles, respectively). Things will be finalised soon," Ghai said.
If all goes well, the film, to be directed by Nikhil Advani, will go on floors in next three months.
The movie will be made under the banner of Salman Khan Productions and will be radically different from the original version.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shraddha Kapoor reveals her wardrobe essentials
- Bigg Boss season 10: Wild card entry Jason Shah exits Salman Khan’s show?
- Superstar Rajinikanth requests fans not to celebrate his birthday
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- Life lessons: 7 reasons why you should never give up!
- Sanjay Dutt to star in 'Bhoomi'! FIRST LOOK out
- Shah Rukh Khan's 'Raees' trailer creates history!
- Deepwater Horizon movie review: Disastrously awful
- Tom Holland's 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' trailer features 'Iron Man' – Watch
- Befikre movie review: Ranveer Singh, Vaani Kapoor starrer struggles hard to recreate Aditya Chopra magic