Grand opening for ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’, ‘Son of Sardaar’; may join Rs.100 crore club
New Delhi: ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’ (JTHJ) and ‘Son of Sardaar’ (SOS) opened together on Diwali day and both have managed a grand opening. Trade pundit predicts that the movies` box office collection will cross Rs.100 crore mark.
Shah Rukh Khan, Anushka Sharma and Katrina Kaif starrer JTHJ was released on 2,500 screens and it has reportedly collected Rs.15.23 crore all over India. The Ajay Devgn, Sonakshi Sinha and Sanjay Dutt starrer SOS collected Rs.10.72 crore from 2,000 screens in the country.
Trade analyst Taran Adarsh says it is the "best Diwali for Bollywood".
"In mass circuits, SOS is ahead and at multiplexes, JTHJ takes a lead. As per early trends, JTHJ is ahead of SOS in India. But, both are winners at the box-office. This is the biggest and best Diwali for Bollywood. The business of JTHJ and SOS will be the biggest ever," Adarsh tweeted.
Rajesh Thadani, Multimedia Combines, Mumbai, told IANS that both films are doing very well.
"`Son Of Sardaar` is doing well in single screens and `Jab Tak Hai Jaan` is doing well in multiplexes. Looking at the reports, I am sure SOS will pick up and do well in a couple of days," he added.
There has been a lot of pre-release buzz around both JTHJ and SOS. Plus they have the advantage of festive occasion and extended weekend to mint more money.
Anant Verma, director and business head of DT Cinemas, told IANS: "Both the films have opened well with almost equal occupancy at our cinemas. We gave equal capacity and almost same number of shows to both. We are looking at a decent occupancy till Sunday. Friday morning shows will dip a little, but overall till Sunday all cinemas will do well. Families, youngsters and couples are coming to watch SOS and JTHJ."
Produced by Aditya Chopra, late filmmakers Yash Chopra`s last directorial JTHJ has reportedly been made at a budget of Rs.50 crore, while director Ashwni Dhir`s SOS said to be costlier with Rs.80 crore expenses.
Sanjay Ghai of Mukta Arts predicts the films to cross Rs.100 crore collection mark.
"They have the potential to cross Rs.100 crore. Yesterday both the films opened at 90 percent occupancy, which was expected and today both JTHJ and SOS are going houseful," Ghai told IANS.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Michael Jackson`s Neverland on sale for $100 million
- Witch hunting to be subject of new Assamese film
- Alia Bhatt teams up with mother for new ad
- Sonakshi Sinha's singing performance at IIFA a 'dream come true'
- IBFW 2015 to start on July 15, go beyond metros
- Khloe ready to finalise divorce from Lamar Odom
- 'San Andreas' review: This temblor is worth watching
- Neelesh Misra to scrutinise Indian governance in 'Ramrajya'
- 'Socially appealing' show attracts Amol Palekar back to TV
- 28 years of 'Mr. India' and Anil Kapoor still looks the same
- Shoojit Sircar is terrific: Yami Gautam
- Sonu Nigam teams up with Sandesh Shandilya for 'Chalk n Duster'
- 'Entourage' soundtrack out in June
- Getting perfect pitch possible for some adult musicians
- Taylor Swift concert wristband save three teenagers' lives
- Jason Derulo unveils new album
- Happy Mondays making music with tribes
- Musical tribute to Noor Jehan, but with a twist
- Sonakshi Sinha to sing at IIFA
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!
- 'Lay Me Down' changed my life: Sam Smith
- Rap mogul 'Suge' Knight refuses to attend L.A. court hearing
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 28, 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Maggi noodles likely to face ban in India, FSSAI orders sample examination
- Heatwave toll in Andhra Pradesh reaches 1,490
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt