Gulshan Grover wins best actor at New York Film Fest
New Delhi: Actor Gulshan Grover has been honoured with the best actor international award at the New York City International Film Festival (NYCIFF) for his performance in the Hollywood film "Desperate Endeavours".
In the film, directed by French-Algerian director Sam Khassa, Gulshan plays spiritual leader Dada Bhagwan, the man who went to America in the 1970s and enlightened the lives of the Indians there as well as the Americans.
"Gulshan Grover`s performance as the Indian holy man is so compelling, sincere and has an aura that the entire jury unanimously voted for Gulshan Grover as the Best Actor International. We will be screening this film at Times Square for all the tourists and the public," said Roberto Rizzo, CEO and founder of New York City International Film Festival.
Gulshan is also riding high on the critical acclaim he has garnered for his role as a dhaba owner in "I Am Kalam".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajkummar Rao, Kriti Sanon team up for 'Bareilly Ki Barfi'
- Film with Shah Rukh Khan at very premature stage: Kangana Ranaut
- Get ready to watch Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh in 'Padmavati'! Deets inside
- Stan Lee supports Zendaya's casting in Spider-Man: Homecoming
- Biopic on Kishore Kumar, RD Burman shouldn't be made: Naseeruddin Shah