‘Hate Story’ is a lot more beyond sexuality: Gulshan Devaiah
New Delhi: ‘Hate Story’ has already created much curiosity ahead of its release as the first erotic thriller in Bollywood, but actor Gulshan Devaiah, who plays the antagonist opposite Paoli Dam, says the film mainly deals with various complexities in a relationship.
Gulshan said the revenge drama, produced by Vikram Bhatt, should not be mistaken as erotica because sexuality is just used as a tool in the film.
"`Hate story` is lot more than just sexuality. It is merely a tool that the female lead (played by Paoli) uses. Sexuality is the spark that ignites the fire. There are three different characters in the film and it revolves around their complex relationships," Gulshan said.
"This film is Paoli`s and it`s her journey and quest for love. I play a grey character Siddharth Dhanrajgir, who is extremely ambitious. The problem is that he is an egoist and has the attitude that he will not lose at any cost. He`s so aggressive that he can go to any extent to achieve what he wants," he added.
Directed by Vivek Agnihotri and also starring Nikhil Dwivedi in a prominent role, the film releases this Friday.
The 33-year-old actor, who has acted in three films after starting his career with Rohan Sippy`s "Dum Maaro Dum", admitted he has no problem with Paoli hogging the limelight because he knew that the film is a woman-centric one.
"I figured out what exactly my part in the film is. I knew from the beginning that it`s a woman centric film. I am not insecure about the fact that it is Paoli`s film because she is an extremely talented actress. I was confident that I have a pretty good role," he added.
Gulshan said he prepared a lot to play a suave business tycoon in the film as he had to learn a completely new mannerism.
"I got a call from Vivek Agnihotri (director) and went to meet him. He gave me the narration and I really liked the role. As my character is completely different from what I have done before, I had to prepare a lot to play a businessman.
"I had to bring in a certain mannerism which Vivek was very particular about. It was tough for me because the character doesn`t deliver much dialogues but his expressions are prominent," said the actor, who was seen in negative roles in ‘Shaitan’ and ‘That Girl in Yellow Boots’.
Unlike others, Gulshan, who has played grey-shaded roles in all his previous films, said he doesn`t fear about getting typecast and rather enjoys it.
"I don`t think that I am sticking to the image. All my grey characters are different in itself. I enjoy performing them because they give me immense scope to prove my acting mettle," he said. Gulshan will be seen next in debut director Vasanth Bala`s ‘Haalahal’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Ranveer, Anushka's love story in new 'Dil Dhadakne Do' dialogue promo
- 'Baaghi': Tiger Shroff, Shraddha Kapoor turn rebels in love!
- 'Twin Peaks' to get 18 new episodes
- First trailer of 'Point Break' remake released
- 'Lay Me Down' changed my life: Sam Smith
- Taylor Swift goes on dinner date with Calvin Harris
- I have a coolest relationship with God: Justin Bieber
- Rihanna posts daring gun-toting photo on Instagram
- Robert Rodriguez to helm Jonny Quest film
- Robert Rodriguez to helm Jonny Quest film
- Kaley Cuoco dyes her hair, eyebrows bright bubblegum pink
- Lindsay Lohan avoids jail with 125 hours of community service
- Remo D’Souza is now on Twitter!
- Jacqueline Fernandez in love with Salman Khan’s eyes
- Salman Khan to tweet in Hindi, Urdu
- Check out: Shah Rukh Khan, AbRam’s selfie
- Jackie Chan opens acting school in China
- I’ve fallen in love with acting, says Lauren Gottlieb
- Playing Kashibai emotionally draining for Priyanka Chopra
- Shraddha Kapoor visits 'Baaghi' set ahead of shoot
- Salman Khan thanks Aamir, Shah Rukh for 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' poster release
- 'Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya blaze'
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`