Have surrendered to the vision of Vishal for `Haider`: Shahid Kapoor
Mumbai: Actor Shahid Kapoor, who is currently seen sporting a neat buzz-cut as a part of his new look for Vishal Bharadwaj`s `Haider`, says he is just following his director to get into the skin of his role as the desi Hamlet.
The movie which also stars Tabu, Shraddha Kapur and Kay Kay Menon is the filmmaker`s interpretation of Shakespeare`s Hamlet set against the backdrop of militancy in Kashmir.
"I believe in the script and have completely surrendered to Vishal sir`s vision of my character and my look," Shahid said.
While Bhardwaj says, "Its commendable the dedication with which Shahid bit into his role and its every aspect. And he is doing complete justice to Haider."
The film is being currently shot in Kashmir and is set to release on September 12 this year.
The trio of Vishal Bhardwaj, Shahid Kapoor and Disney UTV in `Haider`, earlier gave the industry a cult hit in `Kaminey`.
Bhardwaj`s love for Shakespeare is not new. The director has brilliantly adapted his two other tragedies `Macbeth` and `Othello` as `Maqbool` and Omkara`.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss: Priya Malik to throw 'pee' on Kishwer in upcoming episode!
- We're going back to dark ages: Emraan Hashmi on film censorship
- Pooja Joshi of 'Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai' gets hitched to beau!
- Willow: where street food meets exotic taste in a cafe setting
- Aamir Khan has every right to be worried, says Aparna Sen
- Salman's 'Prem Ratan Dhan Payo' outraces lifetime earnings of '3 Idiots'
- 'Jai Gangaajal' is my way of protesting, says Prakash Jha
- Tamasha movie review: It's all about Ranbir, Deepika's painful yet ecstatic journey
- 'Dilwale' has a lot of twists, turns, says Varun Dhawan
- Siddharth Kapur has no plans of working with Vidya Balan