Haven`t played a darker role than in `John Day`: Randeep Hooda
Mumbai: Actor Randeep Hooda plays a cold and violent character in the upcoming thriller `John Day`. He admits he has not played such a "dark and black character" in his career so far.
"I have a dark character in the film (`John Day`). More than grey, it`s black...(and it is something) that I have never played before. But I enjoyed it a lot," Randeep said in an interview here.
"I got to do the things that I can`t do in real life. Thankfully, those things didn`t have any repercussions in real life otherwise I would have been in jail," he added.
Directed by debutant Ahishor Solomon, `John Day` features newcomer Elena Kazan, Naseeruddin Shah and Shernaz Patel. It is releasing Sep 13.
Randeep is not worried about working with newcomers.
"I have also worked with Sunny Leone, she was also a newcomer. You get to work with so many new actors. I still remember when I was new in the industry. So I am not bothered working with newcomers," he said.
Randeep worked with Indo-Canadian porn actress Sunny Leone in `Jism 2`.
The 37-year-old has earlier played negative roles in films like `Jism 2` and `Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amid political tensions, three-tiered security for Oscars
- 'Lion' significantly talks about child adoption: Priyanka Bose
- It's Shahid Kapoor's birthday! Let's take a look at his TOP 5 roles
- Rangoon box office collections: Kangana, Shahid and Saif starrer witnesses slow start!
- 'Lipstick Under My Burkha': CBFC cites 'audio pornography', 'abusive words' reasons to refuse certification