Hearing in Aamir starrer ‘Mangal Pandey’ case deferred
Ballia: A local court today deferred the hearing of a petition filed against actor Aamir Khan, producer Bobby Bedi and director Ketan Mehta alleging wrong portrayal of war hero Mangal Pandey in the Bollywood flick `Mangal Pandey: The Rising`, till January 10.
Civil Judge junior division Azad Singh posted the matter for hearing on January 10 as hearing could not be held due to a function of the bar association, sources said.
It was five years ago that the film was released and Santosh, a descendant of the war hero, had filed a suit in the court against the Bollywood trio alleging that the hero of the 1857 uprising was wrongly portrayed in the mega-budget film.
The court had earlier rejected the star`s claim that neither did Mangal Pandey hail from Nagwa village and nor was Santosh his great grandson.
The court had also fined the actor, producer and director for non-appearance in court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Who’s the ‘Secret Superstar’ in Aamir Khan’s next film?
- Hema Malini, Dharmendra celebrate 36 years of marriage – See pics
- Look what Ranveer Singh is doing for ‘Befikre’
- Awwdorable! Salman Khan shares picture of mother Salma and baby Ahil
- Hot alert! Shruti Hassan looks incredibly sexy on the cover of GQ magazine – See pic