Here is why doing action scenes were easy for Madhuri Dixit
Mumbai: Actress Madhuri Dixit says there is no such word called difficult in her dictionary and she likes to conquer problems.
The Bollywood diva, who will be seen next in `Gulaab Gang`, has done her own stunts in the movie.
`Gulaab Gang` directed by newcomer Soumik Sen, is based on Gulabi gang, a group of Indian women vigilantes and activists dressed in pink saris, fighting against the social injustice and operating in Bundelkhand region of UP.
When asked if doing dance or action was difficult, she says, "I had a training in taekwondo hence it became little easy for me to do action. We had no body doubles, we all did the stunts and action on our own. Even while dancing one ends up getting injured... So its ok. There is no such word called difficult (mushkil) in my dictionary.. I like to conquer."
Madhuri hopes the film does good business at the box-office. Madhuri and Juhi Chawla are coming together for the first time on screen in a film. The two did get an offer to share screen space earlier but Juhi had refused the film.
"I am happy we worked together in this film. I don`t regret about not working in the past. I hope to work with her again. I don`t think one should compare us or talk about comparison as we are playing two different roles in the film. I am the hero, she is the villian... These two characters would be nothing without each other. I think we have got the best energy for this film," she said.
"She plays a sweet villain in the film... It is scary in a way. It is a very different role for her and I liked watching her on screen. It was wonderful working with her," Madhuri said.
The 46-year-old actress feels women need to be educated.
"We need to educate women... Education is the key. They should be respected, there should be gender equality," she said.
`Gulab Gang`, directed by Sen and produced by Anubhav Sinha, is slated to release on March 7, a day before the International Women`s Day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Himesh Reshammiya, Iulia Vantur join forces for 'Every Night And Day' from 'Aap Se Mausiiquii'
- Karan Johar opens up about his love life!
- Sonam Kapoor looks ravishing in Shantanu & Nikhil design!
- Non-bailable warrant against 'Bigg Boss 10' contestant Om Swami cancelled!
- Birthday special: Seven times Jimmy Shergill’s on-screen characters defined life!
- Opening day Box Office collections of Vidya Balan's 'Kahaani 2' are out!
- Box Office report: Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt's 'Dear Zindagi' nears Rs 50 crore mark
- Mahira Khan's role chopped in big Bollywood debut 'Raees'—Here's all you need to know
- Sonam Kapoor to play Madhuri Dixit in Sanjay Dutt's biopic?
- Here's how Ranbir Kapoor will be transformed into Sanjay Dutt for Baba's biopic!