‘Heroine’ Kareena’s loss is Deepika’s gain
Mumbai: Bollywood diva Kareena Kapoor opted out of an untitled film opposite Emraan Hashmi because she was not comfortable sharing the screen with him. The lead actress’ role in this Ekta Kapoor-Karan Johar`s venture was immediately grabbed by leggy beauty Deepika Padukone.
The moment Kareena put her foot down against this project which had Emraan as the male lead, Dips saw a fine opportunity and wasted no time in saying ‘yes’ to the ‘Shanghai’ star.
"It is strange Kareena was not happy with her role. She also told Ekta and Karan that her wedding would be around the same time they wanted to start shooting for the film. It`s a heroine-oriented film and Emraan is not the mainstay of the project. Deepika was so excited about her role that she agreed to it a couple of days before boarding the flight to Turkey, where she is currently shooting for Race 2," a source close to the Balaji-Dharma said.
Interestingly, the ‘Heroine’ star later changed her mind and was prepared to do the role, though by then Deepika had already been finalised as the film`s lead star.
Call it the whims of a quintessential Bollywood queen but the fact that Kareena first refused to work with Emraan Hashmi and then repented her decision later, speaks volume of the nebulous character of the ‘heroine’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's passion is of different level: Anees Bazmee
- Dhoni's biopic- 'MS Dhoni: The Untold Story' to release in 4,500 screens across 60 countries!
- I could not relate to the role offered in 'Baadshaho': Diljit Dosanjh
- Ayushmann Khurrana to don a muscular look for 'Bareilly Ki Barfi'
- We have a great news for MS Dhoni fans in Jharkhand! - Details inside