Heroines should not get burdened with numbers game: Asin
Mumbai: Unruffled with joining the Rs 100 crore club of heroines, Asin says she is not bothered about it and insists that leading actresses should not take the burden of numbers on their head.
"I am not bothered about numbers, I am happy that it happened with my films. It is not that I was expecting it to happen, it is not in my hands. I enjoyed doing my part," Asin told PTI.
"If the film is a hit it is good...If it does Rs 100 crore or whatever it is the bonus but I don`t think that it has to be the main focus," Asin told PTI.
While Kareena Kapoor rules the Rs 100 crore club of heroines with films like `3 Idiots`, `Ra.One`, `Bodyguard` and `Golmaal 3`, Asin has three in her kitty including `Housefull 2`, `Ready` and `Ghajini`. Also, Sonakshi Sinha also joined the bandwagon with `Dabangg` and `Rowdy Rathore`.
"I think for male actors may be the numbers put burden because they are heroes. I don`t think that is the case with leading ladies and it should not be the case either," Asin said.
"I don`t think they (heroines) should take the burden of numbers on their heads, instead concentrate on the role and do it to the best of the ability. And leave the rest to the makers of the film," she said.
Bollywood has also witnessed the trend of actors going for profit sharing, but that is not the case with actresses.
"Ours is a male dominated industry how much we may deny it. So I hope situation changes and heroines do get share in profits...Hope it changes in the near future. I hope so this happens...We deserve it," she said.
Asin recently tasted success with her latest release `Housefull 2` and is looking forward to the release of Rohit Shetty`s romantic?comedy `Bol Bachchan`, starring alongside Ajay Devgn, Abhishek Bachchan and Prachi Desai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Runway Bridal to return with fourth edition in September
- Mr World 2016 Rohit Khandelwal says it is easier for models to enter Bollywood!
- Sonakshi Sinha does not have aptitude to join politics!- READ
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput fulfil grandmother Neelima Azeem's wish!
- Veteran writer Salim Khan hails Bombay HC judgement on Haji Ali
- 'Lion' trailer: Dev Patel once again proves his acting brilliance – Watch
- Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' vs Hrithik Roshan's 'Mohenjo Daro': Week two BO collections are out!
- Mechanic Resurrection movie review: Fails to rise
- Taapsee Pannu, Neeraj Pandey reteam on 'Meera'
- 'A Flying Jatt' Box Office collections: Tiger Shroff-Jacqueline Fernandez starrer mints Rs 7.10 cr on opening day!