‘Himmatwala’: Grand launch of the first trailer of Ajay Devgn’s action-packed entertainer
Mumbai: Filmmaker Sajid Khan, who is all set to release his fourth film ‘Himmatwala’, introduced the cast and producers to the reporters present during the grand launch of the film’s first trailer at Gaiety Galaxy in Bandra, Mumbai January 24.
Lead actors Ajay Devgn and Tamil actress Tamannaah, along with UTV head honcho Siddharth Roy Kapoor and producer Ronnie Screwala, were present at the event.
Prior to the launch of the trailer, Khan said that the 2013 version of ‘Himmatwala’ is a lot different from original version that released in 1983 and starred Jeetendra and Sridevi.
The filmmaker has undoubtedly bought the rights to the older version of the film, but says Ajay’s ‘Himmatwala’ bears no resemblance to the old one, barring the fact that the film is based in 1983.
The trailer shows us a glimpse of Mahesh Manjrekar and Paresh Rawal playing pivotal roles in the film.
The trailer has ingredients of a typical masala entertainer which has a healthy balance of romance, action, comedy and drama.
Sonakshi Sinha plays a cameo in the film.
The film also has superstars from regional cinema shaking a leg with Ajay in the film- Sayantani Ghosh from Bengali Cinema, Rinku Ghosh from Bhojpuri, Amruta Khanvilkar from Marathi, Surveen Chwala from Punjabi Cinema, Mona Tripha from Gujarati Cinema.
Talking about the film, producer Siddharth Roy Kapoor said, “Sajid and Ajay are a spectacular combination. We are projecting the film as a family entertainer. It’s a family entertainer.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Martin Sheen calls his wife 'scariest woman'
- Robert Downey Jr travels with his furniture
- Hundreds say farewell at funeral for blues great BB King
- Kim Kardashian is a great wing woman: Paris Hilton
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' breaks into Rs 100 crore club
- Vidya Balan turns down Suchitra Sen biopic
- Disney pulls plug on 'Tron 3'
- 21 European films to be screened in Kolkata
- Mamata Banerjee remembers Rituparno Ghosh as West Bengal's pride
- Iggy Azalea cancels tour
- 'Ishqedarriyaan' review: An oft-seen love story
- IBFW 2015 to start on July 15, go beyond metros
- Masaba Gupta to dedicate fashion line to IIFA
- Let your hair shine in summer
- I'm lucky to have good genes: Eva Longoria
- Kaley Cuoco dyes her hair, eyebrows bright bubblegum pink
- Expert detoxification guide for brides-to-be
- Look cool in denim during summer
- Blake Lively takes to fashion designing
- Kate Winslet feels makeup is 'liberating'
- Shield hair from monsoon humidity
- Eva Longoria wants fitness empire
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- UP: Govt to distribute free sanitary napkins to all girls in school
- Delhi HC turns down plea challenging LG Jung's authority
- DNA: Blow to Kejriwal, Delhi High Court backs LG
- IIT Madras bans Dalit students forum for 'criticising' PM Modi
- DNA: Exploitation of migrant workers in Qatar
- Radioactive nuclear medicine leak detected at Delhi's IGI Airport
- IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani hits back, challenges Rahul Gandhi to a debate
- MHA notification: SC issues notice to Delhi govt
- Protests outside IIT-Madras against ban on students' group
- Railways may hike AC class fares from June 1, 2015
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 29, 2015
- Special: Heart-wrenching tales of elderly people in old age homes
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere
- Bihar board 12th Arts result to be declared today soon
- BSEB (biharboard.ac.in & biharboard.bih.nic.in): Bihar board 12th Arts result to be declared tomorrow on May 30
- Dangerous levels of toxins in Delhi's air as heat and dust intensify
- Maggi noodles controversy: Case to be filed against Nestle in UP today
- Arrival of Monsoon over Kerala delayed by 2-3 days: Met Department
- US formally removes Cuba from terror blacklist in landmark move
- If Congress was pro-poor, why does poverty still exist in India, asks PM Narendra Modi
- Govt committed to One Rank, One Pension: PM Narendra Modi
- Top 5 places to eat in Delhi University's campuses
- Check biharboard.ac.in / biharboard.bih.nic.in for Bihar School Examination Board BSEB Inter Arts Result 2015