‘Himmatwala’: Sajid Khan, Ajay Devgn’s charm tepid at the box office!
Delhi: Sajid Khan’s re-make of the 1980s blockbuster ‘Himmatwala’, that opened to theatres March 29, hasn’t been able to gross expected amounts of moolah as far as the box office is concerned. The film starring Ajay Devgn, Tamannah and Paresh Rawal in pivotal roles earned mediocre money given the fact that the film was given a wide release.
According to trade analyst Taran Adarsh, “(‘Himmatwala’) Fared well in mass-dominated belt [single screens] on Friday, but the negative word of mouth hit the business hard as BO numbers came sliding down on Saturday. Sunday, however, was slightly better than Saturday, but lower than Friday, which says it all. Meanwhile, the business at plexes remained dull all through the weekend. In view of the fact that UTV has given the film a wide release, the weekend numbers are shockingly low. Collected approx Rs 31.1 cr nett in its opening weekend. Breakup: Fri 12.1 cr, Sat 8.5 cr, Sun 10.5 cr.”
The original 1983 version had Jeetendra and Sridevi in major roles. The 2013 re-make has almost unanimously been panned by critics. Viewers too, have not really been impressed with Ajay Devgn’s latest – as is evident from the ‘Himmatwala’ jokes that went viral on microblogging site Twitter following the release of the film.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Michael Jackson's Neverland ranch on sale for USD 100 million
- Harrison Ford flies for first time since crash
- 'Welcome 2 Karachi' review- troublesome twosome
- Kangana, Shahid to star in Vishal Bhardwaj's next?
- Charlie Weber marries fiancee
- Dharmendra is fit and fine: Esha Deol
- Taylor Swift concert wristband save three teenagers' lives
- Perry, Mayer not serious about each other?
- Kendrick Lamar wants to be positive role model
- Taylor Swift asks Calvin Harris to move in
- Feel fortunate that Ranveer and I get along well: Arjun
- '19 Kids and Counting' spin-off in works
- Jerry Seinfeld, Julia Louis-Dreyfus reunite on-screen
- Kendrick Lamar's special performance on Ellen's show
- I hope after 'Quantico', Indian actors are taken seriously: Priyanka Chopra
- TV show 'Maharana Pratap' completes two years
- Anas Rashid injured on 'Diya Aur Baati Hum' set
- Sarabjit Singh's sister Dalbir Kaur visits 'Veera' set
- Darshan Raval to do cameo in 'Badtameez Dil'
- Courtney Stodden's mother resigns as her manager
- Nepal earthquake recreated on 'Yeh Hai Mohabbatein'
- Paul McCartney almost played Ross' father-in-Law on 'Friends'
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015