Hindi version of `Pompeii` to use Mahabharata punchlines
New Delhi: Hollywood film `Pompeii`, which will soon hit Indian theatres, will feature famous punchlines from Indian epic tale `Mahabharata` in its Hindi dubbed version.
The movie, distributed by PVR Pictures, is set for a Feb 21 release in India.
Both "Mahabharata" and "Pompeii" depict story of power, dignity, greed and emotions. Even two shlokas from the Indian manuscript will be used in the credit roll of the movie giving an impact to the audience.
"`Mahabharata` without a doubt is India`s most widely known written piece of work. Every person recognises it and has great relevance with it. Given the plot of ‘Pompeii`, we felt bringing in an Indian connect through adapting some famous quotes, dialogues from Mahabharata would strike an instant connect," Kamal Gaichandani, president, PVR Pictures, said in a statement.
The movie features Kit Harington and Keifer Sutherland.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Playing Sikh man in a serious film was tough: Vir Das
- Hansal Mehta reveals Rajkummar's look from 'Omerta' on his birthday
- Alia Bhatt to turn 'Dulhania' for Badrinath aka Varun Dhawan one more time! Picture blast
- No issue with censor board: 'Baar Baar Dekho' director
- Emraan Hashmi hopes 'Baadshaho' turns out bigger than 'Once Upon A Time in Mumbaai'