Hindu organisation seeks ban on `Total Siyapaa`
A Hindu right wing organisation has sought ban on Bollywood movie `Total Siyapaa` for its "anti-national" content.
Hindu Janajagruti Samiti (HJS) in their representation to the Central Board of Film Certification has demanded cancellation of the film`s censor certificate, which hit theatres worldwide March 7.
Directed by E Niwas, `Total Siyapaa` stars Pakistani singer-actor Ali Zafar and Yami Gautam.
HJS convenor Manoj Solanki has taken strong objection to some dialogues in the film, which is a story of a Pakistani man settled in London and his love affair with an Indian girl.
The HJS has objected to certain dialogues in the film, which it feels are "anti-national and in glorification of Pakistan".
The HJS is also meeting theatre owners in the state and requesting them not to screen the movie in Goa.
Solanki said thousands of Indian citizens were killed due to Pakistan-sponsored terror activities, but the film glorifies Pakistan.
"Government should immediately ban the film," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nandita Das all set to make film on the life of famous writer 'Saadat Hasan Manto'!
- B-town lauds Sonam Kapoor starrer 'Neerja'!
- Filmaker Trisha Ray directs Mahie Gill in 'Orphan Train'
- Box Office clashes: 'Fitoor', 'Sanam Re', 'Deadpool' – Which one do you think got highest collections?
- Hannibal Buress joins 'Baywatch' movie cast!