Hindu organisation seeks ban on `Total Siyapaa`
A Hindu right wing organisation has sought ban on Bollywood movie `Total Siyapaa` for its "anti-national" content.
Hindu Janajagruti Samiti (HJS) in their representation to the Central Board of Film Certification has demanded cancellation of the film`s censor certificate, which hit theatres worldwide March 7.
Directed by E Niwas, `Total Siyapaa` stars Pakistani singer-actor Ali Zafar and Yami Gautam.
HJS convenor Manoj Solanki has taken strong objection to some dialogues in the film, which is a story of a Pakistani man settled in London and his love affair with an Indian girl.
The HJS has objected to certain dialogues in the film, which it feels are "anti-national and in glorification of Pakistan".
The HJS is also meeting theatre owners in the state and requesting them not to screen the movie in Goa.
Solanki said thousands of Indian citizens were killed due to Pakistan-sponsored terror activities, but the film glorifies Pakistan.
"Government should immediately ban the film," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Raees: Sunny Leone's Dubsmash of Shah Rukh Khan's dialogue is too good to miss – Watch
- Confirmed! Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan to recreate 'Karan Arjun' magic in Kabir Khan's 'Tubelight'
- Vin Diesel wants to do Bollywood movie with Deepika Padukone
- Dia Mirza a part of Rajkumar Hirani's Sanjay Dutt biopic?
- Aamir Khan ‘Dangal’ inching closer to Rs 375 crores collections!