Hope general budget doesn`t forget Bollywood: Karan Johar
Mumbai: Filmmaker Karan Johar, who has given blockbusters like `Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham`, `Wake Up Sid` and `Agneepath`, is hoping that the general budget Friday doesn`t forget Bollywood.
"Well, all we hope is that we are also considered. We entertain the entire nation and I think we also contribute to the psyche of this country and I think it is very important to think about us as well," the 39-year-old said here Wednesday at the opening ceremony of FICCI FRAMES.
Karan says keeping the growth of the entertainment industry in mind, it should be given more incentives.
"There is a 12 percent growth and the estimated growth is 13 percent and then eventually it`s 16 percent. So the scope is growing, so I think we are on a growth pattern which is very good," said Karan who had a great start to 2012 with his production `Agneepath` hitting the bull`s eye.
Karan`s production house Dharma Productions is currently working on three films - `Student Of The Year`, `Dostana 2` and `Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani`.
While he is directing `Student Of The Year`, he has finalised Ayan Mukerji of `Wake Up Sid` fame to direct `Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani` starring Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gulzar reveals Rajesh Khanna acted in 'Anand' at a nominal fee
- Getting threats over 'Parched', claims director
- Harshvardhan Kapoor, Saiyami Kher in 'Mirzya' second TRAILER set the mood for classic tale! Watch here
- We'll live up to hype around 'MS Dhoni: The Untold Story': Neeraj Pandey
- Parineeti Chopra excited, nervous to work with Irrfan Khan